3800HGV-B Keyhole with Waves button - What does it do?

Contributor

3800HGV-B Keyhole with Waves button - What does it do?

I went here

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=652683&native_or_pdf=pdf 

and got the manual, but I don't see where it says what the Wavy Keyhole does.

My Wireless does not make it across the whole house.  I will be connecting  a cable from the 3800HGV to

an Access Point on the other end. to repeat the signal. My Linksys router had no problem covering the whole house

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: 3800HGV-B Keyhole with Waves button - What does it do?

I think it turns on the lights on the White House Christmas Tree.

Seriously, no one has come up with a straight answer to this question.  Plenty of ideas, most of them have been proven incorrect, the others have just not been confirmed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Scholar

bigbear59 wrote:

My Wireless does not make it across the whole house.  I will be connecting  a cable from the 3800HGV to

an Access Point on the other end. to repeat the signal. My Linksys router had no problem covering the whole house

The orientation of the RG box makes a big difference in the range.  If you have it laying flat then try standing it on it's edge in a vertical position.  There should have been a piece of plastic included for this purpose.

Message 3 of 9
Contributor

The button is part of the wi-fi protected setup. If you set it up and then click - Push-Button, that button lights up. It'd be nice of there were some instructions on it though.

Message 4 of 9
Mentor

Take a device, that has not been configured for wireless, to the RG (must be no more that 10 feet away). Push the button then you can connect without entering the wireless key.

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Master

beerjunkie wrote:

Take a device, that has not been configured for wireless, to the RG (must be no more that 10 feet away). Push the button then you can connect without entering the wireless key.

Does this actually work with U-Verse internet?  Some techs had told me that is indeed the function of the button but folks on here said that it did not work on this version of the RG and U-Verse Internet.  It supposedly works on other 2Wire boxes for DSL.

Can any of you nail this question down for good, before it reaches legend statusSmiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9
Expert

I'll see if I can try it this weekend.  I need to find the Wi-Fi Protected Access features on my Netbook to try it out.

Message 7 of 9
Expert

I believe someone posted that the feature has now been enabled.

Message 8 of 9
Mentor

Yes. One of the firmware updates enabled the button. Before the update it was non-functional.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support