Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 18, 2009
9:08:16 PM
View profile
30 second jump is no longer instant

I've had u-verse since december.  Last week I had to unplug the DVR to paint.

When put back in service, the 30 second jump is was no longerl instant.

Others in on this u-talk forum have reported the 30 second jump doing it in 3-4 steps which is how it is now working.

I went to a non-dvr box and the jump was still instant ... i then reset the box and no longer instant.

Some people might like this and others not.  Seems maybe they are screwing with the programming??

Larry

I've had u-verse since december.  Last week I had to unplug the DVR to paint.

When put back in service, the 30 second jump is was no longerl instant.

Others in on this u-talk forum have reported the 30 second jump doing it in 3-4 steps which is how it is now working.

I went to a non-dvr box and the jump was still instant ... i then reset the box and no longer instant.

Some people might like this and others not.  Seems maybe they are screwing with the programming??

Larry

30 second jump is no longer instant

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2009 5:26:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

larryhitz,

I had the same problem this weekend.

I had to rewire some cables and powered off the DVR.  Ever since then the 30 second skip scrolls instead.  The 7 second backwards still works as normal though.

Very odd.

larryhitz,

I had the same problem this weekend.

I had to rewire some cables and powered off the DVR.  Ever since then the 30 second skip scrolls instead.  The 7 second backwards still works as normal though.

Very odd.

Re: 30 second jump is no longer instant

2 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2009 8:08:36 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am seeing the same thing now with the Skip Forward feature - it's like a fast-motion fast forward.   I find it rather annoying and hope it's just temporary.

I am seeing the same thing now with the Skip Forward feature - it's like a fast-motion fast forward.   I find it rather annoying and hope it's just temporary.

3 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2009 8:53:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Guys, you downloaded the latest programming and this movement is the current 'standard' now, ATT decided this is what they want. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO

Guys, you downloaded the latest programming and this movement is the current 'standard' now, ATT decided this is what they want. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2009 6:45:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

This is what DirecTV had as default. They called it the 30 second slip instead of the 30 second skip. It makes advertisers a little happier supposedly since you actually see some of the commercials.

Is there any where to get a list of release notes to see if anything else changed or was fixed?

This is what DirecTV had as default. They called it the 30 second slip instead of the 30 second skip. It makes advertisers a little happier supposedly since you actually see some of the commercials.

Is there any where to get a list of release notes to see if anything else changed or was fixed?

5 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2009 8:35:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

scooby2 wrote:

Amen.  I would love to see something like that, after each "update."

scooby2 wrote:

Amen.  I would love to see something like that, after each "update."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2009 9:38:34 AM
(0)
Scholar

scooby2 wrote:

Yeah I remember this on DirecTV too.  It would be kind of nice if Uverse would let you que multiple skips like DirecTV did instead of having to wait for the current 30 second skip to finish before queing another.

scooby2 wrote:

Yeah I remember this on DirecTV too.  It would be kind of nice if Uverse would let you que multiple skips like DirecTV did instead of having to wait for the current 30 second skip to finish before queing another.

7 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2009 9:47:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

Interesting. I've seen this behavior dating back months, maybe even last year. Personally, I prefer it, although I wish they would allow the skips to be queued so if I press the button 4 times, I get 2 minutes of skip.

Ironically, I prefer it because I *want* to see the ads, I just don't want to spend 25% of my viewing time seeing them. This way I get to pick and choose whether I want to see an ad.

Interesting. I've seen this behavior dating back months, maybe even last year. Personally, I prefer it, although I wish they would allow the skips to be queued so if I press the button 4 times, I get 2 minutes of skip.

Ironically, I prefer it because I *want* to see the ads, I just don't want to spend 25% of my viewing time seeing them. This way I get to pick and choose whether I want to see an ad.

8 of 13 (358 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2009 11:34:45 AM
(0)
Teacher
I agree.  I have had Uverse for almost a year and this is how 30 sec skip has always worked for me (scroll and not instant).  I loved the instant with other providers.  Oh well.
I agree.  I have had Uverse for almost a year and this is how 30 sec skip has always worked for me (scroll and not instant).  I loved the instant with other providers.  Oh well.

9 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2009 10:19:12 AM
(0)
Mentor
I have to agree with the prior 2 posters, forward skip has always scrolled for me on recorded shows, having said that VOD appears to be instant.  I don't recall ever seeing forward skip on recorded shows being instant (have to admit I wouldn't mind it though).  :smileyhappy:
I have to agree with the prior 2 posters, forward skip has always scrolled for me on recorded shows, having said that VOD appears to be instant.  I don't recall ever seeing forward skip on recorded shows being instant (have to admit I wouldn't mind it though).  :smileyhappy:

10 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2009 3:12:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I always use the FF button.
I always use the FF button.

11 of 13 (159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2009 5:14:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

Since getting U-Verse in November 2008 with the promise of Total Home DVR and increasing on-demand content, AT&T has:

1. Raised prices to Comcast levels

2. Got rid of the 30 second skip or even the ability to que up 30 second "slips" (I guess I really need to see the 4-5 AT&T commercials that they keep repeating)

3. Not increased on-demand content

4. Still not rolled out Total Home DVR as was advertised (i.e., ability to control DVR from any TV)

5. Changing channels and the on-screen preview is no longer instant.  Takes up to two seconds for the content to catch up to the channel.

They keep telling us its coming, its coming. Well, I think I'm going.

Message Edited by nicechiguy on 06-13-2009 05:30 AM

Since getting U-Verse in November 2008 with the promise of Total Home DVR and increasing on-demand content, AT&T has:

1. Raised prices to Comcast levels

2. Got rid of the 30 second skip or even the ability to que up 30 second "slips" (I guess I really need to see the 4-5 AT&T commercials that they keep repeating)

3. Not increased on-demand content

4. Still not rolled out Total Home DVR as was advertised (i.e., ability to control DVR from any TV)

5. Changing channels and the on-screen preview is no longer instant.  Takes up to two seconds for the content to catch up to the channel.

They keep telling us its coming, its coming. Well, I think I'm going.

Message Edited by nicechiguy on 06-13-2009 05:30 AM

12 of 13 (159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2009 8:51:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

For your #5- unplug the offending DVR/STBs for 30 seconds and plug them back in and once the re-download is over, instant channel change should be back. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO

For your #5- unplug the offending DVR/STBs for 30 seconds and plug them back in and once the re-download is over, instant channel change should be back. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO

13 of 13 (159 Views)