30 sec fwd skip

Contributor

30 sec fwd skip

I recently moved to uverse from dish network. 

While playing a recording off DVR, if I press skip fwd button, it shows a scan of images and then moves forward( takes about 2 seconds). 

Is there any way to make it instantaneous without showing intermediate frames? 

I am used to instant skip with dish network.

Message 1 of 22 (2,357 Views)
Expert

Re: 30 sec fwd skip

athenian wrote:

RCSMG wrote:

DISH dvrs work the way they do, DTV work the way they do, Comcast work the way they do, Uverse work the way they do, etc etc etc.  If DVR is a big enough issue find out which one you like best.  And sign up for that service provider.  Just a thought.

Umm...the 4 stream/whole house DVR is the highlight of AT&T's marketing.  The skip button on the remote gives the impression that it does what every other known DVR does (skip or slip 30 sec.)  If it doesn't, it's up to AT&T to let customers know before they buy.   Better yet, would be for AT&T develop features that correspond with customer expectations.

I've never seen that ATT implied that the ff skip button worked like every other dvr does.  I am not saying that you didn't read this in your documentation.  I got Uverse in December 2007, so they could have added this sometime between then and now.

Message 16 of 22 (1,589 Views)
ACE - Master

athenian wrote:

dhascall wrote:

I actually like using U-Verse's FF plus "rollback."  I can FF until I see the program resuming and press play and it backtracks to about the last 4 or so seconds of the last ad, before the show comes back on.  

I've never used a DVR that didn't do that with FF.    FF though is entirely different from "skip/slip" -- which is why there are two sets of buttons on the remote.   If AT&T can't figure out what people want from the "skip/slip" button, they ought to remove it from the remote.

Comcast's DVR for one did not have such a rollback feature (though they may by now).  When I hit PLAY while it was in FF, that is where it played from.  I got very good at "guessing" what was the last commercial in a string was but still I had to REW on almost all ad strings not to miss the first few seconds of the show. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 22 (1,541 Views)
ACE - Master

athenian wrote:

RCSMG wrote:

DISH dvrs work the way they do, DTV work the way they do, Comcast work the way they do, Uverse work the way they do, etc etc etc.  If DVR is a big enough issue find out which one you like best.  And sign up for that service provider.  Just a thought.

Umm...the 4 stream/whole house DVR is the highlight of AT&T's marketing.  The skip button on the remote gives the impression that it does what every other known DVR does (skip or slip 30 sec.)  If it doesn't, it's up to AT&T to let customers know before they buy.   Better yet, would be for AT&T develop features that correspond with customer expectations.

So I guess what you are saying, is that they haven't?  (sarcasm on/off in case one did not notice)  I for one think that they have developed features that correspond fairly well with my expectations.  If not with yours, it is a free market to go elsewhere.

No one provider is perfect - or else we would all be there.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 22 (1,539 Views)
Expert

I liked the DTV dvr much better than the Uverse dvr, but now that I have Uverse I make it work for me.  The one thing I like about Uverse dvr that surpasses all of the DTV dvr features is being able to record up to 4 programs at the same time.  Others may not be satisfied.  It is a good thing we are not bound by law to one specific service provider.

Message 19 of 22 (1,512 Views)
ACE - Master

RCSMG wrote:

I liked the DTV dvr much better than the Uverse dvr, but now that I have Uverse I make it work for me.  The one thing I like about Uverse dvr that surpasses all of the DTV dvr features is being able to record up to 4 programs at the same time.  Others may not be satisfied.  It is a good thing we are not bound by law to one specific service provider.

Some folks must think that they are.  They complain about the service ad nauseum and they say "I'm gonna switch," "I'm gonna switch," "I'm gonna switch," but they don't, they just continue to ...... complain. Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 22 (1,500 Views)
Expert

dhascall wrote:

RCSMG wrote:

Some folks must think that they are.  They complain about the service ad nauseum and they say "I'm gonna switch," "I'm gonna switch," "I'm gonna switch," but they don't, they just continue to ...... complain. Smiley Tongue

One big reason for that is because it is easier to complain than change for some people.Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 22 (1,431 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

[ Edited ]

Some people just like to complain.  They have no intention of switching to another provider.

Message 22 of 22 (1,423 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.