Posted Oct 7, 2010
5:56:30 AM
View profile
3 hd

Some days I can record 3 and some days only 2 I called tech they say I should be able to do 3 and one std  I had  the line tech he got it right but why is it I can get 3 and others only 2.   

Some days I can record 3 and some days only 2 I called tech they say I should be able to do 3 and one std  I had  the line tech he got it right but why is it I can get 3 and others only 2.   

3 hd

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 7:20:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There are a bunch of different "profiles" attached to your account.  You have the basic connection profile that controls how fast data comes into (and out of) your RG.  This is the 32/5, 25/2, 19/2 profile.  This limits the number of HD streams that AT&T will allow you to have in your other profiles.

The other profiles are all expressed as the number of HD streams allowed, and the number of SD only streams remaining from the total of 4.  This there are therefore 4HD/0SD, 3HD/1SD, 2HD/2SD, 1HD/3SD.  These profiles are your WAN, Ingress and Egress profile.  WAN is the number of streams into your home.  The Ingress profile is the number of streams into your DVR.  The Egress profile is the number of streams OUT of your DVR (e.g. playback from the DVR to other STB's).  I think Egress is always 2HD/1SD.  You can check these profiles on your DVR by going into Options>System Information>System Resources (I think).

Assuming that your WAN profile is 4HD/0SD or 3HD/1SD, then the issue is the Ingress profile, i.e. how many HD streams can your DVR handle.  Until just a few months ago, no DVR had an Ingress profile with more than 2 HD.  Recently, AT&T has been allowing 3HD/1SD.  It may be that your profile is being changed on you behind the scenes.  Check your profiles to see what you're configured for.

There are a bunch of different "profiles" attached to your account.  You have the basic connection profile that controls how fast data comes into (and out of) your RG.  This is the 32/5, 25/2, 19/2 profile.  This limits the number of HD streams that AT&T will allow you to have in your other profiles.

The other profiles are all expressed as the number of HD streams allowed, and the number of SD only streams remaining from the total of 4.  This there are therefore 4HD/0SD, 3HD/1SD, 2HD/2SD, 1HD/3SD.  These profiles are your WAN, Ingress and Egress profile.  WAN is the number of streams into your home.  The Ingress profile is the number of streams into your DVR.  The Egress profile is the number of streams OUT of your DVR (e.g. playback from the DVR to other STB's).  I think Egress is always 2HD/1SD.  You can check these profiles on your DVR by going into Options>System Information>System Resources (I think).

Assuming that your WAN profile is 4HD/0SD or 3HD/1SD, then the issue is the Ingress profile, i.e. how many HD streams can your DVR handle.  Until just a few months ago, no DVR had an Ingress profile with more than 2 HD.  Recently, AT&T has been allowing 3HD/1SD.  It may be that your profile is being changed on you behind the scenes.  Check your profiles to see what you're configured for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3 hd

2 of 4 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 2:10:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

my profile is 32/5 wan1sd/3hd in 2sd/2hd egresss 1sd/2hd

my profile is 32/5 wan1sd/3hd in 2sd/2hd egresss 1sd/2hd

3 of 4 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 8:25:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Then,  you are configured to be able to watch/record a maximum of 2 HD channels on your DVR at once, with the ability to watch a third one on another STB.

You can try calling Technical Support and asking them if you can get the 3HD/1SD ingress profile, since you have a WAN profile of 3HD/1SD.  Depending on who you get on the phone, you may or may not have success.

Then,  you are configured to be able to watch/record a maximum of 2 HD channels on your DVR at once, with the ability to watch a third one on another STB.

You can try calling Technical Support and asking them if you can get the 3HD/1SD ingress profile, since you have a WAN profile of 3HD/1SD.  Depending on who you get on the phone, you may or may not have success.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (585 Views)