3 HD streams today. . . I think.

Guru

3 HD streams today. . . I think.

1949iC9DBC8E8D836B06A

I've been interested in adding the Premier HD Pkg so I called CS and checked into a 3rd HD stream to go with it. Yes we can add that today. You have the extra bandwidth, not a problem. Just give it a "couple" minutes and restart your primary (DVR) receiver. No need to restart your RG.

Did all of that. Still no 3rd stream showing up in my Sys Resources. I tried to record 2 HD shows while watching a 3rd. No go. I have 1 HD & 1 SD TV. The only way (?)  I can test for 3 HD streams.

After restarting everything with an AT&T symbol, called CS back. CS said everything here looks fine. Showing 3 streams on their equipment. Transfer to Tech Support. Same thing showing there. 

Here's how it ended up per Tech Support:

I have 3 streams, it just doesn't show it on my end.

It will update on my equipment to show the 3rd stream "... the next time it updates".

The DVR cannot record 2 HD streams simultaneously due to limitations.

( I told tech guy I was recording 2 channels HD while we spoke. Tried to watch a 3rd live HD and could not.)

I just question the DVR limitation thing. I guess I'm not sure on the combination of live / record possibilities of 3 HD streams.

I'm in the Madison, WI. Market. Janesville to be precise. If you live around here give 'em a call! CS said it "popped up right away" as available.

By the way, the Premium HD Tier is working fine!

Message 1 of 64 (1,389 Views)
Expert

Re: 3 HD streams today. . . I think.

As has been mentioned several times on the forum, the 3rd HD stream cannot be watched on the TV connected to the DVR when 2 HD channels are being recorded.  The 3rd stream must be watched on a TV connected to an STB.  Where you trying to watch the 3rd stream on the TV connected to the DVR?

Message 2 of 64 (1,271 Views)
ACE - Expert

Well milkman, did you try unplugging the RG for 30 seconds and plug back in to see if 3HD shows up? :smileysurprised:

Edit:  We can't see the image until Wendy approves it.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 64 (1,271 Views)

When I recently was upgraded to 1SD/3HD, the CSR told me that while his request went through right away, it would take up to 24 hours to appear.  Sure enough, it was there the next morning when I turned on the TV.  If the RG reboot suggested by Chris doesn't work, see if it shows up tomorrow.  If not, call back--squeaky wheel, you know!  Good luck.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 4 of 64 (1,271 Views)
Guru

texasguy37 wrote:

As has been mentioned several times on the forum, the 3rd HD stream cannot be watched on the TV connected to the DVR when 2 HD channels are being recorded.  The 3rd stream must be watched on a TV connected to an STB.  Where you trying to watch the 3rd stream on the TV connected to the DVR?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes I was! I should really write this stuff down after reading it! Old is only good for wine.:smileywink:

That's what the Tech was trying to explain to me but was having a very hard time with it.  Thanks texasguy37 for reminding me of the obvious. Duh.

I'm unable to test for 3 streams since I have only 1 HD TV and it is, of course, connected to DVR.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris wrote:

Well milkman, did you try unplugging the RG for 30 seconds and plug back in to see if 3HD shows up? :smileysurprised:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did Chris.  Tried it again this morning per docbombay's suggestion (thank you) still not showing up in my system resource.

CSRs (2 calls) and Tech Support both indicated that I had 3 streams when looking from their end at my RG. So without a way to actually test for 3 , the best thing would be to buy a new HD TV to test this properly. Honey . . . Where's the checkbook?

Thanks for the replies.

milkman

Message 5 of 64 (1,271 Views)
Expert

milkman wrote:

Yes I was! I should really write this stuff down after reading it! Old is only good for wine.:smileywink:

That's what the Tech was trying to explain to me but was having a very hard time with it.  Thanks texasguy37 for reminding me of the obvious. Duh.

I'm unable to test for 3 streams since I have only 1 HD TV and it is, of course, connected to DVR.

What are your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile?

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System resources

If you have the 3 HD stream profile, you could move the DVR to the SDTV and the STB to the HDTV.  With that new setup, when 2 HD programs are beginning recorded a 3rd HD stream could be watched on the HDTV.  The drawback is that you would lose the ability to pause live TV on the HDTV.  Something to consider.

Message 6 of 64 (1,271 Views)
Guru

texasguy37 wrote:

What are your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile?

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System resources

If you have the 3 HD stream profile, you could move the DVR to the SDTV and the STB to the HDTV.  With that new setup, when 2 HD programs are beginning recorded a 3rd HD stream could be watched on the HDTV.  The drawback is that you would lose the ability to pause live TV on the HDTV.  Something to consider.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wan 1SD/3HD

Ingress 2SD/2HD

Egress 1SD/2HD

Am I correct in thinking per these stats that I do not show/have 3 HD streams?  Thanks for the tip on moving my receivers. That would certainly work.  I could work the pause/rewind issue on the STB with the record feature but the rest of the family would not. The new Phase update may take of the pause/rewind. When and if? 

Message 7 of 64 (1,271 Views)
ACE - Expert

Wan 1SD/3HD, means 3 HD into the RG, 3d watchable on an STB, but not DVR. :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 64 (1,271 Views)
Guru

Great! This stuff is finally sinking in. Thanks for your patience. For some reason I thought that your ingress/egress needed to show 3HD streams. 

My  PHY Rate is down to 96 consistently on a coax run. Could this be a loose connection I could check or call the experts?  Installer used exsiting coax for installation. New connections on all coax.

Thanks for the help!

Message 9 of 64 (1,271 Views)
ACE - Expert

96 is acceptable if no PQ problems milkman, but you'd rather have 112.  See if the connections are tight for that run and if you see any problems, don't hesitate to call TS.

Ingress 3 HD will mean 3 HD's can be recorded or  2 recorded and 1 watched at DVR (this is what I'm waiting for as I only have a DVR). :smileywink:

Chris

Message 10 of 64 (1,271 Views)
Guru

I'll check connections and see what happens.

How does one get their ingress to 3 HD? Per CSR my account was changed to 3 HD streams Saturday. The Wan has shown 3 HD for quite some time. I questioned why ingress did not change. No direct answer.

Message 11 of 64 (423 Views)
ACE - Expert

Think we have to wait as only a few lucky users got Ingress 3HD and if you call they will probably say it's not in effect yet.  Keep an eye on it and see if it changes, who knows. :smileysurprised:

Chris

Message 12 of 64 (423 Views)
Contributor

I got 3HD ingress in Austin a couple days ago.  Got a notification on my box, it restarted, and was good to go.

Recorded 3HD shows simultaneously as a test, and it seemed to work just fine.

Message 13 of 64 (423 Views)
Expert

BigTex wrote:

I got 3HD ingress in Austin a couple days ago.  Got a notification on my box, it restarted, and was good to go.

Is your WAN Profile 0 SD/4 HD?

Message 14 of 64 (423 Views)
Contributor

texasguy37 wrote:

BigTex wrote:

Is your WAN Profile 0 SD/4 HD?

No, 3HD/1SD, so if you're recording 3 HD shows, you can't watch a live HD channel.

Message 15 of 64 (424 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.