3 HD streams today. . . I think.

Guru

3 HD streams today. . . I think.

1949iC9DBC8E8D836B06A

I've been interested in adding the Premier HD Pkg so I called CS and checked into a 3rd HD stream to go with it. Yes we can add that today. You have the extra bandwidth, not a problem. Just give it a "couple" minutes and restart your primary (DVR) receiver. No need to restart your RG.

Did all of that. Still no 3rd stream showing up in my Sys Resources. I tried to record 2 HD shows while watching a 3rd. No go. I have 1 HD & 1 SD TV. The only way (?)  I can test for 3 HD streams.

After restarting everything with an AT&T symbol, called CS back. CS said everything here looks fine. Showing 3 streams on their equipment. Transfer to Tech Support. Same thing showing there. 

Here's how it ended up per Tech Support:

I have 3 streams, it just doesn't show it on my end.

It will update on my equipment to show the 3rd stream "... the next time it updates".

The DVR cannot record 2 HD streams simultaneously due to limitations.

( I told tech guy I was recording 2 channels HD while we spoke. Tried to watch a 3rd live HD and could not.)

I just question the DVR limitation thing. I guess I'm not sure on the combination of live / record possibilities of 3 HD streams.

I'm in the Madison, WI. Market. Janesville to be precise. If you live around here give 'em a call! CS said it "popped up right away" as available.

By the way, the Premium HD Tier is working fine!

Message 1 of 64 (1,397 Views)
Scholar

Re: 3 HD streams today. . . I think.

If I'm reading this thread correctly, after AT&T updates your profile to 32/5 and reboots the RG, you then have to reboot the DVR manually to capture the new HD stream?

Edit:

Rebooted DVR and all STBs with the new 32/5 profile I got earlier today

wan:       new 1 SD/ 3 HD    was 2 SD/ 2 HD

ingress: new 2 SD/ 2 HD   was 2 SD/ 2 HD

egress:  new 1 SD/ 2 HD   was 1 SD/ 2 HD

The only thing that changed was the wan, at this point shouldn't the wan and ingress be the same?

I did turn on 3 TVs to an HD channel and 1 to a SD channel, so I'm getting the 3 HDs :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

The more I learn, the more I get confused, but its coming together.

2424iFCE0C3366F052ECE

Message 46 of 64 (261 Views)
ACE - Expert

coolrda wrote:

We are now testing 4 HD streams with 3 record/1 watch in several markets using the 32/5 profile. Should be rolled out by end of the year.

Oh, who is we , another ATT employee comes out of the woodwork, pretending he isn't an employee, on a weekend or holiday thinking Wendy's not gonna be on him (yeah, we already know from uverseusers.com and dslreports Uverse and 4HD has been reported here). :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 64 (261 Views)
Teacher

Ingress will take 24hrs to 1sd/3hd update then you can watch the 3 HD feed on your DVR while recording 1SD and 2HD feeds. You can't record the 3rd HD feed or you'd lose that feeds ability to pause live tv or rewind. And no you don't need to reboot your DVR. It will just show up.

Message 48 of 64 (261 Views)
Teacher

Oh please have mercy, Wendy.

Message 49 of 64 (261 Views)
Scholar

Yeh, just showed up for me in Columbus, Ohio.  Now I don't have to cancel one of my sons cartoons every morning in order to watch the news.  Actually it gave me the blue screen when the two programs started recording but I just had to press continue and I can watch whatever I want.

Message 50 of 64 (261 Views)
Scholar

Don_H wrote:

If I'm reading this thread correctly, after AT&T updates your profile to 32/5 and reboots the RG, you then have to reboot the DVR manually to capture the new HD stream?

Edit:

Rebooted DVR and all STBs with the new 32/5 profile I got earlier today

wan:       new 1 SD/ 3 HD    was 2 SD/ 2 HD

ingress: new 2 SD/ 2 HD   was 2 SD/ 2 HD

The only thing that changed was the wan, at this point shouldn't the wan and ingress be the same?

I did turn on 3 TVs to an HD channel and 1 to a SD channel, so I'm getting the 3 HDs :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

The more I learn, the more I get confused, but its coming together.

Had a power spike today, and the RG and STBs went thru a reboot, checked System info and got a change..

wan:       new 1 SD/ 3 HD    was 1 SD/ 3HD

ingress: new 1 SD/ 3 HD   was 2 SD/ 2 HD

Ingress changed, so I guess it takes a reboot or 2 to apply some updates to the DVRs.

Message 51 of 64 (300 Views)
Scholar

MarcL wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  It seems like something they need to fix, as FTTP should have no problem supporting the 32/5 profile and thereby allowing the 3 HD streams or the Max Turbo (24/3).

I have FTTP and got the 1SD/3HD profile today. I thought this day would never come, as seeing regular copper users in the same area had it for the longest time. I restarted my STB today, not sure if that caused the new profile (I noticed it just now.) Did the new profile get pushed out to you as well?

Message 52 of 64 (300 Views)

chrisw wrote:

MarcL wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  It seems like something they need to fix, as FTTP should have no problem supporting the 32/5 profile and thereby allowing the 3 HD streams or the Max Turbo (24/3).

I have FTTP and got the 1SD/3HD profile today. I thought this day would never come, as seeing regular copper users in the same area had it for the longest time. I restarted my STB today, not sure if that caused the new profile (I noticed it just now.) Did the new profile get pushed out to you as well?

You're just now getting 3/1?  I've been FTTP since I moved to this apartment complex in Oct. of last year and I had 3/1 for quite a while now.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 53 of 64 (300 Views)
ACE - Expert

ATT originally gave new users 3 HD before they gave current users 3HD. :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 54 of 64 (300 Views)
Scholar

mibrnsurg wrote:

ATT originally gave new users 3 HD before they gave current users 3HD. :smileywink:

Chris

I'm a new user. I'm on my fourth month now and just got 3HD. I really don't get AT&T's position on their random profile roll-outs to FTTP users. Who knows what part of the country is getting the new 3HD profile on their FTTP line tomorrow.

Message 55 of 64 (301 Views)
Expert

They don't want a nationwide system crash. :smileywink:

They did that once (upgrade) and it was Super Bowl Sunday or some big sports event, major disaster!

Those who have had UV for a while have learned to be patient.  :smileyhappy:

You are just lucky to have FTTP. :smileywink:

Message 56 of 64 (301 Views)
Teacher

Re: how long before 4 in S MS?

Greetings: long time Directv & Charter Cable user that made the change to u-verse, so far pleased to be honest, any idea when South Mississppi will get the 4 hd stream upgrade?

Message 57 of 64 (301 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

No, there has been no announced rollout schedule for the 4 HD Profile.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Features/4-HD-Profile/td-p/250110

Message 58 of 64 (301 Views)
Teacher

Thanks TexasGuy! :smileyhappy:

Message 59 of 64 (301 Views)
Teacher

chrisw wrote:

MarcL wrote:

I just rebooted RG and DVR and still no 3HD.  Must be rolling it out city by city.  Where are you ChrisW?  I am in Chicago suburbs.  I am excited to hear other FTTP folks are getting upgraded though.  I will keep waiting and rebooting every week or so. 

Message 60 of 64 (301 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.