3 HD streams today. . . I think.

Guru

3 HD streams today. . . I think.

1949iC9DBC8E8D836B06A

I've been interested in adding the Premier HD Pkg so I called CS and checked into a 3rd HD stream to go with it. Yes we can add that today. You have the extra bandwidth, not a problem. Just give it a "couple" minutes and restart your primary (DVR) receiver. No need to restart your RG.

Did all of that. Still no 3rd stream showing up in my Sys Resources. I tried to record 2 HD shows while watching a 3rd. No go. I have 1 HD & 1 SD TV. The only way (?)  I can test for 3 HD streams.

After restarting everything with an AT&T symbol, called CS back. CS said everything here looks fine. Showing 3 streams on their equipment. Transfer to Tech Support. Same thing showing there. 

Here's how it ended up per Tech Support:

I have 3 streams, it just doesn't show it on my end.

It will update on my equipment to show the 3rd stream "... the next time it updates".

The DVR cannot record 2 HD streams simultaneously due to limitations.

( I told tech guy I was recording 2 channels HD while we spoke. Tried to watch a 3rd live HD and could not.)

I just question the DVR limitation thing. I guess I'm not sure on the combination of live / record possibilities of 3 HD streams.

I'm in the Madison, WI. Market. Janesville to be precise. If you live around here give 'em a call! CS said it "popped up right away" as available.

By the way, the Premium HD Tier is working fine!

Message 1 of 64 (1,394 Views)
Expert

Re: 3 HD streams today. . . I think.

Enjoy.

Message 31 of 64 (312 Views)

Been enjoying since Oct. 09.  Moved into a new apartment and had to have a reinstall.  Even the tech who installed was surprised that I wasn't defaulted to 3/1.  Was too tired after moving to bother calling on Friday and unpacking on Saturday and Sunday go too busy.  Monday morning I decided to call in the wee hours to get my profile changed.  I did have to get bumped up to Tier 2 to have it changed but it didn't take too long.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 32 of 64 (312 Views)
Mentor

On the phone with ATT uverse now..BTW Its 8:45 est. Of course I get a rep that is not from North America. She has no idea what I am talking about. And keeps telling me the concept of recording a television show.

I had to tell her repeatly that I am fulling aware on how to record shows, being a costumer of yours for one year. And prior to that being with Cox Cable and having DVR with them. She still does not understand my question and got very rude with me.

Until I told her to either transfer me to a Tier 2 support tech, I then asked her what service area I was caling from(State) and she did not know the answer, that prompted me to tell her to transfer me to AT&T North America.

Message 33 of 64 (312 Views)
Mentor

Update...."Carol" uverse rep transfered my to a AT&T department that is current closed....AT&T gets a big down for late night tech support...

Message 34 of 64 (312 Views)

SoxFan894 wrote:

Update...."Carol" uverse rep transfered my to a AT&T department that is current closed....AT&T gets a big down for late night tech support...

Which number are you calling?  I've never gotten a tech support agent that has been anywhere but the US.  Tech support is open 24/7.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 35 of 64 (312 Views)
Mentor

Of course Tech Support is open 24 hours a day. But you dont always get a rep that is states side.

Called 1-800-288-2020

Message 36 of 64 (312 Views)

I've called at all times of the day and night and have never gotten an agent outside of the US.  Maybe I've been lucky.

Try this:
UVERSE Tech
Support Direct

866-465-1496

Message 37 of 64 (312 Views)
Teacher

I rebooted and nothing changed - still 2SD/2HD.  I called and spoke to tier 2. I have fiber to the premises (read very high bandwidth), but he could not change me to 3HD/1SD profile as there is a soft cap of 30 mbps on my account (even though the upper limit should be way higher than that as FTTP) and it needs to be higher than 32 mbps so he gets an error of not enough bandwidth when he tried to change to 3HD.  He agrred it made no sense that a FTTP account could not be upgraded,a nd the 30 mbps cap was not real.

Anyone with fiber to the premises (FTTP) been upgraded to the 3HD/1SD profile yet? 

Seems like we should easily be able to, but there is a technical glitch preventing it.  I am thinking of raising the issue with David.

Thanks

Message 38 of 64 (312 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

FTTP customers have not been provisioned to receive the 32/5 profile which would be required to received either 3 HD streams or the Max Turbo (24/3) internet package.  I have seen several discussions about this a few U-verse forms.  It's not something that David will be able to help you with.  It will require a system wide change for the FTTP customers.

Message 39 of 64 (312 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

FTTP customers have not been provisioned to receive the 32/5 profile which would be required to received either 3 HD streams or the Max Turbo (24/3) internet package.  I have seen several discussions about this a few U-verse forms.  It's not something that David will be able to help you with.  It will require a system wide change for the FTTP customers.

I'm FTTP and now have the 3/1 profile and the 3/1  Ingress on my DVR, I just can't get the Max Turbo.

Message 40 of 64 (312 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the responses.  It seems like something they need to fix, as FTTP should have no problem supporting the 32/5 profile and thereby allowing the 3 HD streams or the Max Turbo (24/3).

Message 41 of 64 (260 Views)
Teacher

We are now testing 4 HD streams with 3 record/1 watch in several markets using the 32/5 profile. Should be rolled out by end of the year.

Message 42 of 64 (260 Views)
Expert

I thought all ATT employees had the ATT logo as their avatar? 

Message 43 of 64 (260 Views)
Teacher

LOL. Excellent.

Message 44 of 64 (260 Views)
Expert

I'll keep a grain of salt available in case I decide to take it along with the info in that post.:smileywink:

Message 45 of 64 (260 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.