Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: 3 HD streams today. . . I think.

Guru

3 HD streams today. . . I think.

1949iC9DBC8E8D836B06A

I've been interested in adding the Premier HD Pkg so I called CS and checked into a 3rd HD stream to go with it. Yes we can add that today. You have the extra bandwidth, not a problem. Just give it a "couple" minutes and restart your primary (DVR) receiver. No need to restart your RG.

Did all of that. Still no 3rd stream showing up in my Sys Resources. I tried to record 2 HD shows while watching a 3rd. No go. I have 1 HD & 1 SD TV. The only way (?)  I can test for 3 HD streams.

After restarting everything with an AT&T symbol, called CS back. CS said everything here looks fine. Showing 3 streams on their equipment. Transfer to Tech Support. Same thing showing there. 

Here's how it ended up per Tech Support:

I have 3 streams, it just doesn't show it on my end.

It will update on my equipment to show the 3rd stream "... the next time it updates".

The DVR cannot record 2 HD streams simultaneously due to limitations.

( I told tech guy I was recording 2 channels HD while we spoke. Tried to watch a 3rd live HD and could not.)

I just question the DVR limitation thing. I guess I'm not sure on the combination of live / record possibilities of 3 HD streams.

I'm in the Madison, WI. Market. Janesville to be precise. If you live around here give 'em a call! CS said it "popped up right away" as available.

By the way, the Premium HD Tier is working fine!

Message 1 of 64
Expert

@BigTex wrote:

No, 3HD/1SD, so if you're recording 3 HD shows, you can't watch a live HD channel. 

Thanks for the info.  I'm surprised.  I thought Austin was one of test cities for the 0 SD/4 HD WAN Profile and 1 SD/3 HD Ingress Profile.

Message 16 of 64
Tutor

My wife noticed today that when 2 scheduled HD programs started recording it didn't force her off the current (3rd) HD channel.  I got to looking and noticed we had been upgraded.  My WAN is 0SD/4HD and ingress is 1SD/3HD.  I'm in Austin also.  Nice little surprise, I wasn't expecting that at all.

Message 17 of 64
Tutor

I checked it out last night, I can record 3 HD programs at once but have to watch SD or a recorded program at the DVR.  I can still watch one additional HD channel in another room though.  This is really cool since the tech that installed my service a couple of months ago said I was right on the edge of being too far away to even get service. 4 HD streams without even asking, who would have thunk it!  :smileyhappy:

Message 18 of 64
Expert

tallspawn wrote:

My wife noticed today that when 2 scheduled HD programs started recording it didn't force her off the current (3rd) HD channel.  I got to looking and noticed we had been upgraded.  My WAN is 0SD/4HD and ingress is 1SD/3HD.  I'm in Austin also.  Nice little surprise, I wasn't expecting that at all.

Thanks for the info.  Austin is one of the test markets for the new profile.  I'm looking forward to it expanding to other markets.

Message 19 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the expansion has started.  I have it in Sacramento now too.  Just tested recording 3 HD streams.  Works like a charm.

Message 20 of 64
Expert

Cool, enjoy.

Message 21 of 64
Expert

keflanag wrote:

I believe the expansion has started.  I have it in Sacramento now too.  Just tested recording 3 HD streams.  Works like a charm.

Cool.  I'm jealous.  LOL

Message 22 of 64
Mentor

I live in Sacramento, and when I came home I was still at 2SD/2HD. I rebooted the DVR, and I am now at 1SD/3HD ingress. Tried recording three HD channels at one, and it worked just fine. Cool!

Message 23 of 64
Expert

ahintz wrote:

I live in Sacramento, and when I came home I was still at 2SD/2HD. I rebooted the DVR, and I am now at 1SD/3HD ingress. Tried recording three HD channels at one, and it worked just fine. Cool!

Is your WAN Profile 0 SD/4 HD?

Message 24 of 64
Highlighted
Scholar

Ok, I'm kind of confused on what I should be getting with 3 HD streams now and what I may be getting in the future.

Right now:  wan- 1sd / 3hd

ingress  2sd / 2hd

The only advantage right now is that I can record 2 HD programs on the dvr and watch another HD program on a STB, is this correct? 

I still at this time cannot record 3 HD programs, or record 2 HD programs while watcing another live HD on the TV connected to the DVR, is this correct?

IN the near future when upgrades are complete in my area it should read:

wan - 0sd / 4hd

Ingress - 1sd / 3hd

At that time I will be able to record 3 HD shows at once and watch another hd program on the tv connected to the DVR?

AM I following this correct?

Message 25 of 64
Expert

You are mostly correct.  With a WAN Profile of 0 SD/4 HD and an Ingress Profile of 1 SD/3 HD, you can record 3 HD programs at the same time and watch a 4th HD program on a TV connected to an STB.

Message 26 of 64
Scholar

ok, thanks.  I got it now.

Message 27 of 64
Mentor

@texasguy37 wrote:

@ahintz wrote:

Is your WAN Profile 0 SD/4 HD?

WAN profile is 1SD/3HD - which isn't a big deal for me personally since I only have the one TV.

Message 28 of 64
Expert

In Dallas, I notice that my my Ingress Profile is now 1 SD/3 HD.  My WAN Profile remains 1 SD/3 HD.  I can now record 3 HD programs at the same time or record 2 HD programs and watch another live program on the DVR!

Message 29 of 64

I had a new install on Friday at my new apartment,  had to call in this morning to change the profile to 3/1, after about 30 min and a reboot of the system all is well again.  not sure why the default was at 2/2 for FTTP but tier 2 was able to fix it in about 10 min.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 30 of 64
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support