2Wire 3800HGV-B and iphone

Contributor

2Wire 3800HGV-B and iphone

I recently switched to AT&T U-Verse and had 2wire 3800HGV-B installed in my house. I configured the wireless network and was able to successfully connect my iPhone to the wireless network. However every 24 hours or so I have to repeat the process of connecting the iPhone to 2Wire. After further investigation I noticed on the 2Wire Network Summary page that my iPhone is listed as a new device every 24 hours or so. For example on Monday it is listed under local devices as Bens-iPhone and on Tuesday it will be listed as Bens-iPhone-2 and so on. How can I get 2Wire Gateway to stop doing that? This is even more problematic when I had Mac filtering turned on and basically every day my iphone looks like a new device and I have to add it to the list of allowed devices.

I contacted 2wire and opened a ticket with them but they did the BIG PUNT and said I ahve to go thru AT&T support. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,710 Views)
Scholar

Re: 2Wire 3800HGV-B and iphone

After you connect to your iPhone, did you go back to the Network Summary page and manually name the device there?  And then set up the MAC filtering based on the name you just manually entered?  That is the only thing that I can think of.  I'm pretty sure that is what I did for my wife's laptop.  We rarely use wireless, but each time we connect it to the 2-Wire RG it doesn't have problem recognizing it.

Good Luck,

Steve

Message 2 of 4 (1,710 Views)

We've had an iPhone since Christmas and never gotten a disconnect.  It just works on Wi-Fi to U-verse.

If I were you I'd turn off all the MAC filtering.  It really adds very little in the way of security.   

Message 3 of 4 (1,710 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

my iphoe cannot even recognize the iphone.

but the 2wire adapter that came with it can.

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Message 4 of 4 (1,710 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.