Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 7, 2011
9:06:11 AM
View profile
2Wire 3600HGV Wireless Connection Problem

I have a serious issue with the Uverse gateway that I installed for the Uverse Internet. I had set it up about a week ago, and it worked perfectly for 5-6 days before it dropped many of the wireless devices in our house. It dropped: an iPod Touch, an iPhone, a desktop, and 2 laptops. The strange thing is that we had just gotten a laptop to give as a gift in another country, and we tested it out, and ubelievably, it and another laptop of the same kind remained connected to the gateway while all other devices were dropped. The common denominators between these laptops are that they are both HP dm4 series and they both run Windows 7, while the rest run some other operating system. 

It doesn't make sense to me that some devices would be dropped while other devices would not. I tried restarting the router, and that doesn't seem to work. What's the long-term solution to this problem? If more information about the network is required, don't hesitate to ask because I'll be actively montoring this forum. I need the problem solved relatively quickly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Technogeek.

I have a serious issue with the Uverse gateway that I installed for the Uverse Internet. I had set it up about a week ago, and it worked perfectly for 5-6 days before it dropped many of the wireless devices in our house. It dropped: an iPod Touch, an iPhone, a desktop, and 2 laptops. The strange thing is that we had just gotten a laptop to give as a gift in another country, and we tested it out, and ubelievably, it and another laptop of the same kind remained connected to the gateway while all other devices were dropped. The common denominators between these laptops are that they are both HP dm4 series and they both run Windows 7, while the rest run some other operating system. 

It doesn't make sense to me that some devices would be dropped while other devices would not. I tried restarting the router, and that doesn't seem to work. What's the long-term solution to this problem? If more information about the network is required, don't hesitate to ask because I'll be actively montoring this forum. I need the problem solved relatively quickly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Technogeek.

2Wire 3600HGV Wireless Connection Problem

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 9:11:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This is kind of a wild guess. I think the 3600 has a security setting to limit the number of devices connected. Can you check on that?

This is kind of a wild guess. I think the 3600 has a security setting to limit the number of devices connected. Can you check on that?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 2Wire 3600HGV Wireless Connection Problem

2 of 2 (3,043 Views)