24 package seems.... not so great on download.

Teacher

24 package seems.... not so great on download.

I had upgraded to the 24/3 package a week ago.  Overall the speed is good, but download is not hitting close to 24.  the highest I have gotten has been around 21 most of the time between 17-19.   The upload is better, I am getting around 2.7 there.  I used the realtime tool and honestly dont understand everything.  Except for the Vrad distance says it is around 1,800 feet and it is more like 500 or less feet.  The house has new wiring coming in from the interface box to the RG directly.  I have noticed some of the readings are Amber and red.  So I was wondering if someone could take a look at these numbers and let me know if any of this could be a reason why I am not getting close to the 24Mb down?

Thanks3006i0A3EE18237306EAA

Message 1 of 17 (1,239 Views)
Scholar

Re: 24 package seems.... not so great on download.

All you have to do is call and log a ticket.  They'll send a tech.  If the issue is with the line outside your home - I don't believe they charge you anything - since it is their network.

At a minimum, the premise tech will hook his (or her) super fancy and 'spensive JDSU line tester to your pair at the edge of your house.  That will ferret out whether you are on the right or wrong profile, and will quickly narrow down where and what the possible issues are.

Since you are so involved and informed - I suggest you be present and strike up conversation with the AT&T Uverse tech when they show up.  As SomeJoe mentioned, if their gear suggests to them something is amiss with your line, they will call in a I&R tech (in most regions a separate person - a union thing) and they will check the line at multiple points as it makes its way from the side of your house to the VRAD in the 'hood.

Good luck!

Message 16 of 17 (1,004 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: 24 package seems.... not so great on download.

bsdsmb wrote:

All you have to do is call and log a ticket.  They'll send a tech.  If the issue is with the line outside your home - I don't believe they charge you anything - since it is their network.

At a minimum, the premise tech will hook his (or her) super fancy and 'spensive JDSU line tester to your pair at the edge of your house.  That will ferret out whether you are on the right or wrong profile, and will quickly narrow down where and what the possible issues are.

Since you are so involved and informed - I suggest you be present and strike up conversation with the AT&T Uverse tech when they show up.  As SomeJoe mentioned, if their gear suggests to them something is amiss with your line, they will call in a I&R tech (in most regions a separate person - a union thing) and they will check the line at multiple points as it makes its way from the side of your house to the VRAD in the 'hood.

Good luck!

Thank you for that in depth answer!  I'll start there and see what happens! 

Message 17 of 17 (1,004 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support