Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 9, 2011
1:48:54 AM
2 Xbox's at home.

I have two Xboxs at home I was wondering if I can just order one kit for both the Xbox's to run U-verse on because ordering two doesn't make much sense.

I have two Xboxs at home I was wondering if I can just order one kit for both the Xbox's to run U-verse on because ordering two doesn't make much sense.

2 Xbox's at home.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 2:58:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Each xBox must have a separate kit.  Part or all of the $99 fee is a license fee, and each xBox 360 that is used as an STB must be licensed.

Each xBox must have a separate kit.  Part or all of the $99 fee is a license fee, and each xBox 360 that is used as an STB must be licensed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 2 Xbox's at home.

2 of 6 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 11:37:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

So they are really getting their money on the xbox.

So they are really getting their money on the xbox.

3 of 6 (694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 8:56:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

Greetings,

Well, i just had my xbox 360 setup to work as my receiver.  As for the kits, there isnt any kit.  The tech brough in a software disk and installed it into my xbox box.  He then unplugged the ethernet cable from the receiver and plugged it into the xbox.  Then he programmed the xbox 360 remote that you can buy at any video store for $20 to $30.  I dont see any reason why you couldnt load the software onto two xbox 360.  It seems to be working just fine.  The tech had never setup an xbox before so it took him a while to figure out how to program the TV to the remote control.  I hope this helps you somewhat.

Chuck

Greetings,

Well, i just had my xbox 360 setup to work as my receiver.  As for the kits, there isnt any kit.  The tech brough in a software disk and installed it into my xbox box.  He then unplugged the ethernet cable from the receiver and plugged it into the xbox.  Then he programmed the xbox 360 remote that you can buy at any video store for $20 to $30.  I dont see any reason why you couldnt load the software onto two xbox 360.  It seems to be working just fine.  The tech had never setup an xbox before so it took him a while to figure out how to program the TV to the remote control.  I hope this helps you somewhat.

Chuck

4 of 6 (613 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:15:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

So it was that simple, do you keep the software that they install, seems like that is a big waste of time and labor to just send the tech to your home but I guess that gives them reason to charge you $55

So it was that simple, do you keep the software that they install, seems like that is a big waste of time and labor to just send the tech to your home but I guess that gives them reason to charge you $55

Re: 2 Xbox's at home

5 of 6 (559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 7:47:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

Greetings,

Yes, you keep the software.  However what they did for me will only work if you were installed using ethernet cables.  If you were installed using the coax cable they have a network adapter that they give you.

I hope this helps.  Once i started getting use to it, everything seems to be doing ok.

Greetings,

Yes, you keep the software.  However what they did for me will only work if you were installed using ethernet cables.  If you were installed using the coax cable they have a network adapter that they give you.

I hope this helps.  Once i started getting use to it, everything seems to be doing ok.

Re: 2 Xbox's at home

6 of 6 (528 Views)