2 - DVR Boxes

Contributor

2 - DVR Boxes

I have a question for you all, and I really hope I can get a answer here instead of having to call CS. Anyways here is the question....

 

We have a HD DVR box upstairs and the basic HD box downstairs in the man room. Is there any possible way to have (2) HD DVR boxes hooked up? I am really beginning to miss my Directv! 

 

Thanks so much for any input!

 

Scott

1,666 Views
Message 1 of 13
Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

No.  You can only have 1 dvr stb.  Why are you beginning to miss DTV?  You can set and view recordings from any stb in the house.

 

The ability to pause, rew, and ff live tv will be rolled out in the next phase of thdvr.

Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

Yes- I am really annoyed with not being able to pause and rewind live tv.  The dvr box was set up in the living room where my husband watches tv most often.  I watch in a different room and can no loner pause and rewind like with comcast.  I could have as many dvr boxes as I wanted!  Why was I not asked where I wanted the only 'rewindable" box?And, I was told by the ATT rep who took my order that I could pause and rewind live tv from any box in the house.  LIARS. 

Message 3 of 13
Professor

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

 


gecko102970 wrote:

Yes- I am really annoyed with not being able to pause and rewind live tv.  The dvr box was set up in the living room where my husband watches tv most often.  I watch in a different room and can no loner pause and rewind like with comcast.  I could have as many dvr boxes as I wanted!  Why was I not asked where I wanted the only 'rewindable" box?And, I was told by the ATT rep who took my order that I could pause and rewind live tv from any box in the house.  LIARS. 


 

You actually can.  You know how to schedule a recording from your second TV?

 

1) Schedule that recording.

2) On the second TV, go to channel 9999 or press "Recorded TV" on your remote.

3) Select the show currently being recorded and begin to play it.

 

Voila!  While it's not the best situation, you now have the ability to pause live TV on that second TV.

Message 4 of 13
Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes


gecko102970 wrote:

 

Yes- I am really annoyed with not being able to pause and rewind live tv.  The dvr box was set up in the living room where my husband watches tv most often.  I watch in a different room and can no loner pause and rewind like with comcast.  I could have as many dvr boxes as I wanted!  Why was I not asked where I wanted the only 'rewindable" box?And, I was told by the ATT rep who took my order that I could pause and rewind live tv from any box in the house.  LIARS. 


Move the DVR from your husband's TV to your TV, and move the STB from your TV to your husband's TV.  Problem solved.  No need to remain annoyed.

 

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

The DVR in my house is set up where my wife watches TV the most. When I'm watching sports in another room --sports is when I'm most likely to want REW/FF/PAUSE-- I push RECORD, and switch to the recording.  It does mean that I can't as easily switch channels but I can pause to go to the restroom, REW to second-guess the officials (or the coaches) and FF over the commercials once I get behind the live action due to the REW or PAUSE above.  And since I don't have commercials, I no longer channel surf during commercials.

 

I did this during the College World Series and was very happy.  Of course, that may have only been because my Gamecocks won... :smileywink:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 6 of 13
Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

I agree.  Put the DVR on the TV that the wife uses the most.  Keep the boss happy!  :smileywink:

 

Message 7 of 13
Mentor

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

 


JefferMC wrote:

The DVR in my house is set up where my wife watches TV the most. When I'm watching sports in another room --sports is when I'm most likely to want REW/FF/PAUSE-- I push RECORD, and switch to the recording.  It does mean that I can't as easily switch channels but I can pause to go to the restroom, REW to second-guess the officials (or the coaches) and FF over the commercials once I get behind the live action due to the REW or PAUSE above.  And since I don't have commercials, I no longer channel surf during commercials.

 

I did this during the College World Series and was very happy.  Of course, that may have only been because my Gamecocks won... :smileywink:


 

JefferMC, does this work if you want to start recording a show after it has already started? Can you  record a show after it has started?

 

Bob.

Message 8 of 13
Contributor

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

When is the next phase of "thdvr" expected to be released by Uverse? 

 

I am a new user to Uverse.  This is my biggest (and really only) issue with uverse is that I can not pause live tv on my man cave tv. 

Message 9 of 13
Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

The ETA of the release date of the THDVR Phase 3 update has not been announced.  Speculation is that it will be sometime this year.

 

Message 10 of 13
Teacher

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

Any idea when slow motion will be added? Surprised with so many sports fanatics that it was not one of the 1st features they offered.

Message 11 of 13
Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes

The technology is still so new that slo mo may be one of those features that could cause some serious issues with the pic or service quality.

Message 12 of 13
Expert

Re: 2 - DVR Boxes


ref-dad wrote:

 

Any idea when slow motion will be added? Surprised with so many sports fanatics that it was not one of the 1st features they offered.


I have heard no rumors about adding slow motion.

 

Message 13 of 13
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support