For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
moxied's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 12th, 2015 7:10 AM

VDSL Keeps Dropping

I have been with AT&T for years. 95% reliable until a few months ago. I put in a trouble call about a month ago and was supposed to get a follow-up call after testing, but it never came. I messed with the modem, noticed a possible power connection issue, so I replaced the charger with a new one. Now I am back to the same problems. The internet cuts out intermittantly. Sometimes it seems like it's only a packet drop and times out, other times it's a little bit longer. It's becoming frustrating as I work from home and it always seems to go out when I need it most.

Here are my UV Realtime screenshots. Please help. Thank you!

Stats-2015-02-12-01-09-16.pngErrorTable-2015-02-12-01-09-11.pngBitloading-2015-02-12-01-09-23.png

3 Attachments

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

And then this happened:

Stats-2015-02-12-01-12-30.pngErrorTable-2015-02-12-01-12-35.pngBitloading-2015-02-12-01-12-40.png

3 Attachments

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

9 years ago

Either call 1-800-288-2020 to schedule a service call or download myatt app, run the troubleshoot section from app, problem(s) found will assist in creating a ticket.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Well thanks for belittling me by providing a phone number to AT&T, oh wise one. I don't know what I would do without you.

I tried that route - it fixed nothing. I don't have time to sit on the phone for an hour playing the "unplug the modem" game. Not to mention, they were supposed to call back to see if it dropped off again and did not. In fact during that time it dropped more and more.

I have common sense. In fact, enough to easily ditch att after 8 years no problem.

I was looking for ideas on the results I posted - I didn't just sit here and waste my time posting that to get a generic reply.

Does this look like an OSP problem or more like an IW issue???

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

And by the way - the repair tool does nothing when the internet is fine. I did it last night countless times and nothing was found...until it went out, then it just sat there twirling saying checking service. Same with a phone call - it was working fine, they didn't see an issue and said it was ok.

As I stated originally, it is intermittent. I stayed up to catch it last night on UV Realtime. Can I get someone to help discuss this with me who isn't a cut and paste worker?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

best i can sugest is try this: nothing to lose----

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hope it works for you, as it has for others.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @moxied,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.