Need help with your equipment?
kcarpenter's profile

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 12:10 AM

Uverse Lag or Latency Issue

I've had several techs out over the past few weeks to figure out what is going on.  I can't play any online game anymore. Speedtest and pingtests checkout.  Ports are forwarded properly.  I get connected and shortly lag out and get kicked from the server.  Anyone got any ideas?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Also I noticed a lot of dips in the speedtest.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Same issue and told that all checks out by techs. Basically service lags out so that it becomes useless.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Exactly and you would think it wouldn't be that hard to fine an issue like that.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Also this morning at 6a.m. was having the same issues got back on at 7 and it was working flawlessly imagine that.  Check it about an hour later back to be crap.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Still having same issues I get timeouts on continous ping test being like 10%. Also in my router logs see alot od dns server not responding as well.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

Would you mind actually posting some examples of the issues you're experiencing?  

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

How can I post in game lag amd server disconnects? I know its not tye ge because ive got friemds that dont have any issues but friends in town have it also.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

You've also mentioned tracert's and pings, if I'm not mistaken.

Have you tried running continuous PING commands against the game server (if it responds to pings) and some other machine to see if anything interesting shows up when you're having an issue?

One more thing I don't see posted in this thread, are your consoles connecting via cable or WiFi?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Cat5 and yes when running pings continous ill get about 10% that are lost.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

You get 10% dropped packets all the time, or only some of the time?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.