skeeterintexas's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

Friday, June 19th, 2015 11:22 PM

Facebook problems limited to the Midwest

Just found this interesting bit of news:

People across the Midwest are reporting connection errors with Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

The problem is reportedly due to an outage with AT&T who operates a large part of the Internet backbone.

The outage is impacting people in Iowa, Twin Cities, Chicago and beyond.

Tech teams for local cable and network carriers are working with AT&T to try to find the fix.

http://www.kcci.com/news/facebook-down-people-across-midwest-reporting-problems/33650176

I know I haven't had issues here in Texas.   Perhaps this explains things.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Thanks! I myself have not had any problems, but there have been 2 posts now with this problem. I will share this post around.

Thanks,
Alex

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

This appears to be a DNS issue

I've been able to browse progressively fewer and fewer sites over the last week here.

It can be gotten around by using Google's DNS or OpenDNS for your DNS server settings.

OpenDNS Servers:

I was able to put these settings in, and it instantly restored my ability to browse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.