Need help with your equipment?
madman118's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, April 16th, 2012 9:22 AM

Suddenly slow speeds

So my internet speed has suddnely gone from the 12Mbps i am paying for to about  0.8. Thats right eight thenths of one twelth of what I was getting before. Most posts i see here have UV realtime results, which wont install on my computer for whatever reason. Im no computer professional and I really dont like them but I need the internet connection for my work, so any help is appericated. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, that's the correct one for Bitloading (a visual of line activity).

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Whats the RG? Anything pluged into the wall is in my roommates room and he'll kill me if I go in there at 3AM. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to reset anything. 

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@madman118 wrote:

Whats the RG? Anything pluged into the wall is in my roommates room and he'll kill me if I go in there at 3AM. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to reset anything. 

As SPD mentions you do have some errors on the "Error Table" page, but next to nothing in the last 24 hours. When did your issues start?

You also mention a roomate and the RG being in his room, does your roomate use the internet a lot?

Does he use any P2P software like bittorrent or such?

If he's running P2P software and he did not configure it appropriately (without you and your internet needs in mind), It can "use up" all your bandwidth and cause you problems, especially if he is saturating the upstream side of your internet connection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Yeah he uses the internet a lot too watches videos things like that. Neither of us use B2B file sharing clients. We pay for our stuff 🙂 (like the tools we are lol) But Ive never had this problem until about Thursday afternoon. A big storm rolled in and I figured all the wind rain and lighting frazzled the system a bit, I live literally 150 ft from a AT&T Switching centre. However it hasnt bounced back at all. My phone on the other hand (AT&T) and my U-verse TV are working fine. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Remote reset did the trick. Thanks guys. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Excellent!

@madman118 wrote:

Remote reset did the trick. Thanks guys. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.