Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 31, 2010
2:03:26 PM
Slow WiFi Speed

Just installed 12 internet with voice.  Everything went fine including the downline router.  Getting 10-11 speed at the RG and and the downline router.  But wifi speeds are very very slow.  Suggestions?

Just installed 12 internet with voice.  Everything went fine including the downline router.  Getting 10-11 speed at the RG and and the downline router.  But wifi speeds are very very slow.  Suggestions?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 31, 2010 2:25:44 PM
(0)
Master

change channels

Accepted Solution

Slow WiFi Speed

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 31, 2010 2:25:44 PM
(0)
Master

change channels

change channels

Re: Slow WiFi Speed

2 of 4 (2,833 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 3:26:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

randyl wrote:

change channels

What difference does it make whether he's watching HBO or ESPN?  

Smiley Very Happy

Okay, now that I've had my fun, you could have been a tad clearer that you suspect that there may be interference on the channel his RG has decided to use for wireless and that he use the menus to pick a channel that is not so crowded.  There's a good post by SomeJoe7777 around here somewhere about wireless interference.  Find any post by him and look in his sig for a link.

randyl wrote:

change channels

What difference does it make whether he's watching HBO or ESPN?  

Smiley Very Happy

Okay, now that I've had my fun, you could have been a tad clearer that you suspect that there may be interference on the channel his RG has decided to use for wireless and that he use the menus to pick a channel that is not so crowded.  There's a good post by SomeJoe7777 around here somewhere about wireless interference.  Find any post by him and look in his sig for a link.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (2,815 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 9:13:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

got the channel changed and seems to work now.

got the channel changed and seems to work now.

4 of 4 (2,783 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments