Need help with your equipment?
kkennemur's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 27th, 2013 3:30 PM

No wi-fi signal in daughter's bedroom from uverse router 3801HGV

Hello  I was a uverse customer at one time but has switched due to personal reasons.  Anyway, we still have the router 3801HGV for our DSL services.  I have a laptop and wireless printer/scanner/fax all in the same room.  I have access to wireless into the living room, intermitant in my room, but my daughter's room, we have no wi-fi access at all!!  The house is set up like a u-shape....so router on one side of house and kids rooms & mine are on the otherside.  The signal is very weak or just none at all.  Daughter has to come to this side of the house to use her iPhone.  We are thinking about an iPad for school but dont want to spend the money if she cannot access wi-fi from her room to do her homework.  She has to sit at the kitchen table with the laptop since this is the half way point to pick up the signal.  We bought a AV wrieless extender and plugged in into the wall in the living room, it worked for one day then it stopped, so we thought "get a better one".  Bought a Cisco Linksys N300 and have to use it on the wireless laptop with CD in order to install it(strange).  I have tried to use the CD to set up but it asks for our network password...which I have put in the wireless network key that we use for everything wireless in our house, but that is not what they are looking for.   There is NO code from the Cisco router to use (which I know most come with a card that has all that info on it).  Nothing seemed to work.  Any suggestions or help??? Trying to get wi-fi access in daughters room and not sure how to achieve that.   Thanks!!   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Yea,I'd go with a Netgear Repeater/Extender

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry Yes that is the case that I have had the TV service and cancelled it and just kept the DSL, hence why we have the 3801 router.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry i clicked the solution button and I have not gotten a solution on this issue yet.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I unmarked it for you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

thank you!!!  By the way my husband has returned the other router and we are trying the above mentioned...Netgear and see how that works.  I will let you  know tomorrow how it goes.  We will go from there.  Um, question though, how come I am having soooo much trouble with wireless router to bridge off of the existing ATT one...?   Does this router not function or handle this very well and if so what can I do to resolve the matter???   Get my own router and have ATT come get theirs???  Not sure what to do.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

OMG!!  Thanks you soooooooo very much!!  YES it worked and it only took me a few minutes to get everything set up!!  OMG...you made me very happy!!!  I did have to manually do but it connected within the 2 minutes it stated from their website and I got internet connection from it too!!  Tested with smartphones in the dead zone and connected to the network and it stayed connected to the that new wi-fi.   It did piggy back to the existing which is what we were wanting.  Again thank you so very much!!  now my 13 year old daughter will be happy!! (smile).

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting back that it all worked out for you!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.