For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
KolalaKitty's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 28th, 2015 3:45 AM

Horrible Internet Service

In April 2015, an AT&T tech was doing something with the box/hub in the neighbor's yard that our U-Verse is connected to (they weren't working on it for us - I just happened to see them out at the box).  Ever since that visit our internet service has been awful.  TV and Phone work fine, but the internet cuts out every hour or so.  We have to full reboot the modem before it comes back for another hour.  Obviously when we call support and they have us do that and they run a line test, it works again (cause hey, we told them that would happen when we explained the issue).  We were sent out a new modem around May 2015.  The issue is not resolved.  It's particularly bad in the evenings (I'm assuming due to load) - then it becomes sometimes an every 15 minutes issue.

We thought it was just a wifi issue (we don't have PC's hooked up via ethernet cables due to where the office in our house is and where the modem comes into the house).  We went so far as to purchase a wireless router, hook it up via ethernet and use it for the wifi (we disabled the wifi that was built into the modem).  That works only marginally better so it seemed to be affecting the ethernet as well.  So we moved a PC down next to the modem and hooked it up via ethernet and it exhibited the same issues (though not as frequently as the wifi).  It's connected to the modem but you can't browse the internet - timeout errors, DNS not resolving errors, etc.  Reboot the modem and bam, all is well again until it happens again.

So obviously a new modem and a new router haven't resolved the issue.  And we never had issues before that tech messed with the box in April.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I see the AT&T technicians more often than I see my family.  They are friends with me on Facebook and everything!  I have the same problem where my internet cuts out at least 20x a day.  I'm paying a lot of money for this service, and I need connectivity so I can look for and apply to jobs on the internet.  The other day, I was trying to submit an application that took FOREVER to fill out, and my interrnet connection drropped right as I hit "submit."  I lost EVERYTHING!!  This is ridiculous.  I hate AT&T and I might just hate DirecTV even more, so the fact that they are one behemouth of suckiness now makes me cringe.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.