Need help with your equipment?
TARDIS75's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 8th, 2015 7:34 PM

Firmware Update for Motorola Arris NVG589?

Is there a firmware update that will help with router TCP/UDP options for my Mac and its features that can be installed now?  I have the ARRIS NVG589 DSL Modem. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@TARDIS75 wrote:

Is there a firmware update that will help with router TCP/UDP options for my Mac and its features that can be installed now?  I have the ARRIS NVG589 DSL Modem. Thanks!

You have the latest software for the 589.  If there is a newer version, it'll be downloaded automatically. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

how do you know that I have the latest firmware?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@TARDIS75 wrote:

how do you know that I have the latest firmware?

Cause if it was older, it would've downloaded first time it got plugged in.  Firmware is just that firm, software changes.  My 3800 RG still has the old 2700- firmware, but has had 4 software upgrades in my more than 6 1/2 years on Uverse. 😉

Chris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Can you verify if this is the lastest firmware: 

Current software version: 9.1.0h12d22

Reason why I'm checking is this is because the last 2-3 months now we've had several issues due to no connectivity or intermittent connectivity where I would lose connection with several errors in the logs indicating bad name to well known sites or cannot connect to DNS. 

Techs have come out various times on service calls, several changes to the ports, swapped out the router twice, etc. and still the issue persist. I currently have the fastest speed available and since going to it was where my problems started. 

The firmware is the last thought I had that has not been addressed by any of the techs. I am highly tempted to go back to my previous speed where everything was consistent. Please advise.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@michaelnchin wrote:

Can you verify if this is the lastest firmware: 

Current software version: 9.1.0h12d22

Reason why I'm checking is this is because the last 2-3 months now we've had several issues due to no connectivity or intermittent connectivity where I would lose connection with several errors in the logs indicating bad name to well known sites or cannot connect to DNS. 

Techs have come out various times on service calls, several changes to the ports, swapped out the router twice, etc. and still the issue persist. I currently have the fastest speed available and since going to it was where my problems started. 

The firmware is the last thought I had that has not been addressed by any of the techs. I am highly tempted to go back to my previous speed where everything was consistent. Please advise.

That's latest as of this post date:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Wi-Fi-Gateway/NVG589-upgrade-from-9-1-0h12d22/m-p/4176353#M17872

😉

Chris

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

michaelnchin - Have you determined what is causing your issue yet?  We are having the same problem and AT&T technical support has been of no help.

Steve

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I dont know when was the last upgrade but ever since 2 weeks ago i've started having problems with my Cisco AnyConnect VPN - it just doesn't connect. My SW version is 9.1.0h12d34 and there is another thread that is a bit old on this:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/AnyConnect-Port-Conflict/td-p/3963926

This is critical since my job requires 24/7 support - i cannot continue like this.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

In order to see which version your NVG 589 is currently on, go to its IP address (192.168.1.254) and go to the Device/System Information tab. In order to update the 589, go to the Diagnostics/Update tab. You must have the software update file on your computer and manually update the 589 by selecting the file to push the update through. As of 5/15/2015, the latest software version for the 589 is 9.1.0h12d34. The 589 should update on its own, but that is not always the case. We occasionally get a few of these that come with an earlier version out of the box and will not update on its own. If anyone can post the link to the 589 software downloads, it would be much appreciated.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

YES!!!!! YES! YES! 

I am in same exact boat as you. Suddenly, on Monday 5/4, I was unable to work on my work-laptop, using Cisco AnyConnect. It would connect, and say i was connected - but the data was moving sooooo slow that i couldnt use any applications, and everything would fail or timeout. 

My company says it's AT&T, and AT&T says it's the VPN. But now I'm finding all these posts here on AT&T - and i have to say i'm happy i'm not alone! 

Hoping that with the # of posts about same thing growing, maybe AT&T will reach out to Cisco and trouble-shoot so they can resolve it! Cuz I too work at home - and it's critical that i be able to log on everyday. If not resolved within next week i will be cancelling Uverse and moving to Comcast.

I have a ticket opened with AT&T's Social media group - and noone has been able to resolve. This is getting old. QUICK.

I'm in Buffalo Grove, IL. Not sure if location has anything to do with it, but I noticed someone else from BG also having an issue.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Having the same issues in Topeka, KS. (Started around May 4th as well!!)

I work for a hospital and I can remote in via citrix. It used to work fine but over the last month my connectivty has dwindled down to a measly 5-6mbps! I cannot remote desktop to my work pc. I am lucky I can lauch OWA and check emails that way. NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH ATT. I regret getting a contract with them. The real slap in the face is that when I use my ATT cell phone's LTE connection I can remote to work just fine. No lag at all. I have done my best blaming the kids for sucking down the bandwidth but even with just 1 device hardwired in problems persist.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.