Need help with your equipment?
Sam_A's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 10:20 AM

All wireless devices lose internet connection

I've been a U-verse customer for nearly a year, and this problem just cropped up a couple of weeks ago. All Mac computers, one connected by Ethernet to the RG and the rest of the devices are wireless. The hardwired computer has no issues, but every wireless device loses internet but remains connected to the RG. Sometimes turning wireless off/on on the device results in a temporary fix. Other times a reboot of the RG results in a temp fix, but nothing works permanently.

I have changed channels on the RG. AT&T has changed channels on the RG. They have also disabled Wifi Protected Setup in the RG. All computers are up to date with current software. AT&T replaced the RG with a new one a few days ago. This is maddening with all wireless devices losing internet but remaining connected to the RG, whose signal is solid throughout the house. The problems are on computers, phones, ipads, and every other wireless device. I have turned off wireless on all devices except for 2 to see if that would correct the problem, and it had no effect. TV seems to work ok, as well as the landline phone. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks seems to be working so far!!, cros my fingers.  Just curious what does disabling the Wi-Fi Protected Set-up do??  I will still keep an eye out to see how it works.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Some people reported it as being a problem in setting up a connection.

So you're using your *n* router?

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

The way I resolved the drop in my wireless connection was unplug the RG for 30 seconds and reconnect it.  After that everything was fine.  It could be that your RG is going bad.  It could be that my RG is going bad, but that is what I did.

Have you had this problem again after you posted this? Do you still have the same RG or did you find out it was the problem and replace it?

Thanks
Jamie

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

I can't prove it was a baby monitor, but after the next door neighbors (on my office/RG's side) moved away, the UV RGs WAP worked again.  Anything is possible, I suppose.

The closest people that might have a baby monitor are 1/2 a block away (500 feet +/-).

I don't have any cordless phones, I don't think my closest neighbors do because they use cell phones, but I'm not positive they don't have cordless phones.

Jamie

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I am not using my "N" router.  Changed the settings and so far so good.  We will see how it works out. Thanks for the help.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

OK, just wanted to see what was working for you; good luck! 

@bag2100 wrote:

I am not using my "N" router.  Changed the settings and so far so good.  We will see how it works out. Thanks for the help.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Can be interference from any number of devices/sources.

Take a look a post #2 in this thread, and check out that link for more info.

edit to add link to post

@jamiedolan wrote:

@spd2demun wrote:

I can't prove it was a baby monitor, but after the next door neighbors (on my office/RG's side) moved away, the UV RGs WAP worked again.  Anything is possible, I suppose.

The closest people that might have a baby monitor are 1/2 a block away (500 feet +/-).

I don't have any cordless phones, I don't think my closest neighbors do because they use cell phones, but I'm not positive they don't have cordless phones.

Jamie

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue of internet connection lost, I am unable to work online for my website. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.