Need help with your equipment?
radumas's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, August 30th, 2015 12:46 AM

Accessing content on AMC.com, similar failure as HBO.com

I'm new to ATT/Uverse and amazed at the number of ways it fails. 

Round 1: HBO content, when accessed on iPad or web browser requires ATT/U login. it failed with a 'too many redirects' error. After many calls, it seems enough people complained that someone fixed the script error. 

Round 2: I start watching an AMC show (Halt and catch fire), but On-Demand has only the two most recent episodes. I have to go to the AMC site to get those episodes. AMC requires a login with ATT/U credentials. When I select ATT/U as my provider, it redirects a couple times and comes back to the original page. No opportunity to log in. 

I complain. I complain again. Something changes, the failure becomes the same as the original HBO failure - too many redirects/circular redirects. 

I complain. I complain again. The error changes back to a simple failure. 

Each time I complain, I'm taken through rituals of trying different browsers,, clearing cache, etc. They even sent a technician out to look at my premises. I keep telling them it's a scripting error, not anything related to the customer. They ask me what login ID I'm using. I explain a dozen times on each call that it's moot, as you never get to the form to log in, and the failures are ATT, not AMC or any other content provider. 

I've been told someone will call me back. That doesn't happen. I've been told the problem is  being escalated. It's not. 

There is something amiss in the authentication process. What's it take to get it fixed and not tax the customer with proving the customer isn't the problem?

I've only tried to access content from two providers, HBO and AMC. Given 100% failure, I expect the same problem can pop up anywhere. 

To replicate the current problem, go to AMC.com. Select a program (not free episodes), and try to watch a full-length episode. Just try. 

Root cause??

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@radumas  As to AMC, had to turn off my MVPS.org Host file and whitelist DisconnectMe and it started playing on the FF tab.  After I clicked ATT Uverse on the sign in, said redirecting then came back as 'player loading' and played the commercial first, then Human Ep4 started.

As to HBO Go sign in, click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature below, send the PM, explain your perennial HBO Go situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@mibrnsurg, your clues confused me. What's MVPS.org Host file? I'm on a mac and have nothing to do with Microsoft. What's disconnectme? What's an FF tab? THis looks like a scripting error or an authentication server that's not responding. There are actually two failure modes. One just returns you back to the orginal page and the other gives the 'too many redirects' error. 

Something like that can be fixed if the problem were ever to get to the responsible person. ATT seems quite organized to prevent getting information to people who can do something about it. They seem willing to spend much more to not address problems than to fix them.  

HBO is currently working. knocking on wood. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

FF tab, FireFox 40.0.3 tab. 

MVPS.org host file

DisconnectMe, disconnects me from advertising, analytics and social media, but lets needed content through on FF.

You need to disable any script blockers, ad blockers, etc that you have running to get AMC to play. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@mibrnsurg I have no ad blockers and no script blockers. AMC.com login fails in all browsers on all devices. Anything that requires an ATT/U login fails. 

On my fifth call to ATT customer support, I got the person to open a browser and experience the same thing. The senior field service rep who came to my home said the same thing happens to him, but he has no idea who to report it to. 

ATT/U is sucking a lot. I thought Comcast was bad, but ATT has them beat for failures and bad service. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@radumas wrote:

@mibrnsurg I have no ad blockers and no script blockers. AMC.com login fails in all browsers on all devices. Anything that requires an ATT/U login fails. 

On my fifth call to ATT customer support, I got the person to open a browser and experience the same thing. The senior field service rep who came to my home said the same thing happens to him, but he has no idea who to report it to. 

ATT/U is sucking a lot. I thought Comcast was bad, but ATT has them beat for failures and bad service. 

It's not an AT&T issue. There is no point in continuing to contact them about it.  

I had not problem accessing amc.com and watching full episodes on my desktop.  I did have some issues on my laptop using Chrome.  I finally switched to the new Edge browser on my laptop and I can now access full espisodes.  The issue is on your end not AT&T.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37

Can't figure out how it might be on my end. AMC allows logins from various providers and all except ATT get the login form. I had the service rep in Philippines replicate on whatever browser they use. It fails on iPad in AMC app and in browsers. 

I plugged ethernet directly into the ATT router to eliminate any other intermediate device. Same thing. tried two browsers, having cleared caches. Same problem. Switched from Mac to Windows. Same problem. Brought in other devices. Same problem. 

If a simple login is dependent on customers finding the one browser that can get through, it's an ATT problem. 

I've meticulously eliminated everything on my side of the ATT router. 

In a fresh browser with no history or cache, it detects my IP address and my login information and says it will automatically log me in. And then fails. 

When it fails, it goes through 2-3 redirects very fast. The last one is in the history:

https://loginprodx.att.net/FIM/sps/auth?FedName=ATT-ADB&FedId=uuid2b03a1d7-0139-1cca-be40-d32385710be9&PartnerId=https%3A%2F%2Fsaml.sp.auth.adobe.com&AssertionConsumerURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsp.auth.adobe.com%2Fsp%2Fsaml%2FSAMLAssertionConsumer

I figure it's either a scripting error or a cloud configuration error where the problem would be regional.  Because someone at one location can find a browser that works does not mean that someone else is not experiencing an ATT failure. Those are clues. 

it should work on all browsers in all locations. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

For grins and giggles, have you tried going to Uverse.com and trying to watch the HBO and/or AMC content from there?  Does that work?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@JefferMC for giggles, yes. No content. THey only have free episodes of a few shows. 

If you find that On-Demand is thin of content and go to uverse, you'll find it thinner. You then go to content partner site and run into authentication problems. 

ATT in the use-prevention business. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

There is, of course, an obvious solution. Accept that ATT service is poor and not worth your time to extract from them and just re-buy the content. In my particular case, I found the content on the Apple service and forked over the $25. 

There is a principle, however. When you spend large each month for content, you shouldn't have to buy it again from other sources when ATT prevents you from accessing it. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@radumas wrote:

@texasguy37

Can't figure out how it might be on my end. AMC allows logins from various providers and all except ATT get the login form. I had the service rep in Philippines replicate on whatever browser they use. It fails on iPad in AMC app and in browsers. 

I plugged ethernet directly into the ATT router to eliminate any other intermediate device. Same thing. tried two browsers, having cleared caches. Same problem. Switched from Mac to Windows. Same problem. Brought in other devices. Same problem. 

If a simple login is dependent on customers finding the one browser that can get through, it's an ATT problem. 

I've meticulously eliminated everything on my side of the ATT router. 

In a fresh browser with no history or cache, it detects my IP address and my login information and says it will automatically log me in. And then fails. 

When it fails, it goes through 2-3 redirects very fast. The last one is in the history:

https://loginprodx.att.net/FIM/sps/auth?FedName=ATT-ADB&FedId=uuid2b03a1d7-0139-1cca-be40-d32385710be9&PartnerId=https%3A%2F%2Fsaml.sp.auth.adobe.com&AssertionConsumerURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsp.auth.adobe.com%2Fsp%2Fsaml%2FSAMLAssertionConsumer

I figure it's either a scripting error or a cloud configuration error where the problem would be regional.  Because someone at one location can find a browser that works does not mean that someone else is not experiencing an ATT failure. Those are clues. 

it should work on all browsers in all locations. 

As I stated above, it's working for me here.  I did as you requested in your first post.  I went to amc.com, and it works for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.