U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 18, 2012
12:05:38 PM
AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

my website GoBanter.com is hosted through godaddy and I have not been able to access it from any computer at my office and at my house where I have AT&T cable service. Spoke with GoDaddy customer service and they are reporting that it is a problem they are working on fixing with AT&T. 

Can AT&T block certain websites arbitrarily, is this an example of censorship like what they have in China?

my website GoBanter.com is hosted through godaddy and I have not been able to access it from any computer at my office and at my house where I have AT&T cable service. Spoke with GoDaddy customer service and they are reporting that it is a problem they are working on fixing with AT&T. 

Can AT&T block certain websites arbitrarily, is this an example of censorship like what they have in China?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 7, 2012 2:37:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Please see the following link for one explanation for why this may be happening to you:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Can-t-get-to-specific-Web-sites-wasn-t-a-problem-in-the-past/m-p/3337591#M35378

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

44 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(44)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 12:31:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having this same problem too. I have numerous websites on a shared hosting account with godaddy and I'm unable to access any of them using at&t uverse, at&t dsl, and/or at&t iphones. I've tried a proxy and the sites show up, I've called godaddy and everything is working on their end. 

I need this problem solved! I have clients that are asking what is going on with their sites! I called AT&T and submitted a work ticket and I'm waiting to hear back from them. They said it would take 24 hours!

Someone Please Help!

I'm having this same problem too. I have numerous websites on a shared hosting account with godaddy and I'm unable to access any of them using at&t uverse, at&t dsl, and/or at&t iphones. I've tried a proxy and the sites show up, I've called godaddy and everything is working on their end. 

I need this problem solved! I have clients that are asking what is going on with their sites! I called AT&T and submitted a work ticket and I'm waiting to hear back from them. They said it would take 24 hours!

Someone Please Help!

Re: AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

2 of 45 (18,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 1:05:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

I spoke with a customer service agent at godaddy who mentioned that a number of their sites have been blocked by AT&T and they are working on a solution but they dont know when the issue will be resolved. 

I spoke with a customer service agent at godaddy who mentioned that a number of their sites have been blocked by AT&T and they are working on a solution but they dont know when the issue will be resolved. 

3 of 45 (18,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 1:13:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Our of curiousity, can you please visit our link. I'd like to know if others are having problems viewing this site/page as well as me. I am using AT&T and not able to see the page, thanks for your help.

www.gobanter.com/?p=2693

Our of curiousity, can you please visit our link. I'd like to know if others are having problems viewing this site/page as well as me. I am using AT&T and not able to see the page, thanks for your help.

www.gobanter.com/?p=2693

4 of 45 (18,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 2:00:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

My provider here at work is AT&T so it doesn't show up.

However, if you use a proxy site it works just fine.

My provider here at work is AT&T so it doesn't show up.

However, if you use a proxy site it works just fine.

5 of 45 (18,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 4:35:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm having the same problem since Tuesday 10/16/2012. ATT was of no help, I sent Godaddy a request and said to Trace route and see where the problem lies. I did and sent them back the info but haven't heard from them. I know the problem is with ATT internet service as I can't log on using my iphone, house computer and work computer all on separate ATT accounts. My friends with Comcast don't have the issue. According to tracert it is failing at 99.167.141.18 owned by ATT in Richardson Texas. Hopefully we can get enough noise out and get it resolved ASAP. here is traceroute for www.an9el.com hosted by Godaddy Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\AMC>tracert an9el.com Tracing route to an9el.com [72.167.1.1] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254 2 31 ms 21 ms 20 ms 99-119-24-3.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net [99. 119.24.3] 3 38 ms 20 ms 20 ms 99.167.141.32 4 * * 29 ms 99.167.141.18 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 * * * Request timed out. 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 * * * Request timed out. 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 * * * Request timed out. 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. Trace complete. C:\Users\AMC>
I'm having the same problem since Tuesday 10/16/2012. ATT was of no help, I sent Godaddy a request and said to Trace route and see where the problem lies. I did and sent them back the info but haven't heard from them. I know the problem is with ATT internet service as I can't log on using my iphone, house computer and work computer all on separate ATT accounts. My friends with Comcast don't have the issue. According to tracert it is failing at 99.167.141.18 owned by ATT in Richardson Texas. Hopefully we can get enough noise out and get it resolved ASAP. here is traceroute for www.an9el.com hosted by Godaddy Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\AMC>tracert an9el.com Tracing route to an9el.com [72.167.1.1] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254 2 31 ms 21 ms 20 ms 99-119-24-3.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net [99. 119.24.3] 3 38 ms 20 ms 20 ms 99.167.141.32 4 * * 29 ms 99.167.141.18 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 * * * Request timed out. 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 * * * Request timed out. 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 * * * Request timed out. 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. Trace complete. C:\Users\AMC>

6 of 45 (18,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 5:03:44 PM
(0)
Professor
I had no problem going to your Blog. I would say that Godaddy is the problem, not ATT.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

7 of 45 (18,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 5:35:13 PM
(0)
Expert
I am currently able to access both sites just fine via my U-Verse connection. (The an9el.com site is just an under construction page, but it loads.)

I don't believe this is willful censorship, it looks like from your traceroutes that this may have been a routing problem. AT&T frequently has routing issues like this, so this would not surprise me.
I am currently able to access both sites just fine via my U-Verse connection. (The an9el.com site is just an under construction page, but it loads.)

I don't believe this is willful censorship, it looks like from your traceroutes that this may have been a routing problem. AT&T frequently has routing issues like this, so this would not surprise me.

8 of 45 (18,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2012 6:01:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I called AT&T And they stated the issue is with AT&T and they are currently trying to resalve the issue with Godaddy. I can see my site fine always could,  but I can't connect to my hosting account  using any FTP,  I get an error message like everyone else.  " Connection timed out, Failed to retrieve directory listing"

I called Godaddy and was able to get 4 months free of hosting because i pay by month for my hosting. They don't no when this is going to be fix, 8 days seems like weeks. that's how long my hosting been down.. Sucks

I called AT&T And they stated the issue is with AT&T and they are currently trying to resalve the issue with Godaddy. I can see my site fine always could,  but I can't connect to my hosting account  using any FTP,  I get an error message like everyone else.  " Connection timed out, Failed to retrieve directory listing"

I called Godaddy and was able to get 4 months free of hosting because i pay by month for my hosting. They don't no when this is going to be fix, 8 days seems like weeks. that's how long my hosting been down.. Sucks

9 of 45 (18,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2012 6:05:08 AM
(0)
Professor
You may be better to find a local hosting company than GoDaddy. GoDaddy is about volume, not quality when it comes to hosting.

10 of 45 (18,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2012 7:05:32 AM
(0)
Expert
Obviously not all of GoDaddy is having a problem with routing to AT&T.

Parts of the SJSig signatures used by several of the ACE's here are served from my hosting account at GoDaddy and they seem to be unaffected.
Obviously not all of GoDaddy is having a problem with routing to AT&T.

Parts of the SJSig signatures used by several of the ACE's here are served from my hosting account at GoDaddy and they seem to be unaffected.

11 of 45 (18,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2012 7:37:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

My problem has been SOLVED, YAY. Thanks for all your responses and help. My site was down initially for a half a day when GoDaddy was hacked. It was completely down and I could not access it from any computer weather from my house, office, girlfriends house or phone. 

Once my site was up and running I had a strange problem where I could no longer access it using any computer which was accessing the internet using AT&T service. I was able to access it from my friends house who has Xfinity, I was also able to see it using my phone but could not access it from my home or office where I have UVerse. 

Finally after all these days, my service has been restored and it has everything to do with AT&T blocking service. AT&T has blocked multiple sites and now they are unblocking them.

My problem has been SOLVED, YAY. Thanks for all your responses and help. My site was down initially for a half a day when GoDaddy was hacked. It was completely down and I could not access it from any computer weather from my house, office, girlfriends house or phone. 

Once my site was up and running I had a strange problem where I could no longer access it using any computer which was accessing the internet using AT&T service. I was able to access it from my friends house who has Xfinity, I was also able to see it using my phone but could not access it from my home or office where I have UVerse. 

Finally after all these days, my service has been restored and it has everything to do with AT&T blocking service. AT&T has blocked multiple sites and now they are unblocking them.

12 of 45 (18,193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2012 10:05:21 PM
(0)
Professor
ATT has never blocked a site, unless they are considered a rogue site, or a rogue setup to DNoS or DDS various sites across the web. When they do, it comes from the top down to ATT's engineers to do the blocking.

ATT has never blocked a site, unless they are considered a rogue site, or a rogue setup to DNoS or DDS various sites across the web. When they do, it comes from the top down to ATT's engineers to do the blocking.

13 of 45 (18,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2012 11:46:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yep, I was able to access your site and we are U-verse subscribers.  No problem....except that I went to leave you a comment to your post on that site and found that I had to sign in to FaceBook to do it.  I refuse to have anything to do with that outfit any more so was unable to comment.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. ....................Groucho Marx

Yep, I was able to access your site and we are U-verse subscribers.  No problem....except that I went to leave you a comment to your post on that site and found that I had to sign in to FaceBook to do it.  I refuse to have anything to do with that outfit any more so was unable to comment.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. ....................Groucho Marx
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

14 of 45 (18,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2012 2:30:16 PM
(0)
Explorer
My guess is that AT&T discovered a bot C&C server or malware server running on a domain sharing your site's IP address, then blocked it in two stages... port 80 and 443 were transparently proxied, with requests to non-blacklisted domains passed through, and all other traffic was blocked.
My guess is that AT&T discovered a bot C&C server or malware server running on a domain sharing your site's IP address, then blocked it in two stages... port 80 and 443 were transparently proxied, with requests to non-blacklisted domains passed through, and all other traffic was blocked.

15 of 45 (18,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2012 9:13:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a similar issue. Site is hosted on webhost4life http://www.npcpe.net and does not respond on uverse or AT&T 3g. Tested with http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and site responds fine. Tested on my TWC network at work and it's fine, tested with a Verizon Myfi and again returns fine. DNS tests are good, muiple devices tested all worked on non AT&T networks. 

Called support and spent over an hour with them for them to tell me AT&T doesn't block domains and it's becuase I have a dynamic IP in my router. Again explained this is a hosted site on a static IP, and not an issue with my connectivity. Transfered to some department that wanted to bill me to access my machine. Again explained that this is a routing or IDS issue and was told I needed to give them a CC number to try to see my issue. First time I've ever been unhappy with AT&T service.

So it seems the best way to get this resolved is to post here and have mutiple people see the issue, sad. I understand routing issues occur, I even understand that my hosted site might be on a server behaving badly. Either explination would have been fine. To watse my time and then try to get some money from me to give me an explination is not acceptable.

I have a similar issue. Site is hosted on webhost4life http://www.npcpe.net and does not respond on uverse or AT&T 3g. Tested with http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and site responds fine. Tested on my TWC network at work and it's fine, tested with a Verizon Myfi and again returns fine. DNS tests are good, muiple devices tested all worked on non AT&T networks. 

Called support and spent over an hour with them for them to tell me AT&T doesn't block domains and it's becuase I have a dynamic IP in my router. Again explained this is a hosted site on a static IP, and not an issue with my connectivity. Transfered to some department that wanted to bill me to access my machine. Again explained that this is a routing or IDS issue and was told I needed to give them a CC number to try to see my issue. First time I've ever been unhappy with AT&T service.

So it seems the best way to get this resolved is to post here and have mutiple people see the issue, sad. I understand routing issues occur, I even understand that my hosted site might be on a server behaving badly. Either explination would have been fine. To watse my time and then try to get some money from me to give me an explination is not acceptable.

16 of 45 (17,764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2012 8:40:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

cj52973 wrote:

Have you contacted godaddy? They have had issues in the past.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

cj52973 wrote:

Have you contacted godaddy? They have had issues in the past.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

17 of 45 (17,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2012 12:27:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

See my post here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Settings-and-Maintenance/Tracert-shows-ip-blocked-after-108-73-88-2-lightsp...

I have not gotten resolution from AT&T on this. After my initialal communication with the Presidents office at ATT, they fixed the problem (not prompt enough for my customers I had to pay for a work around with Goddady - ouch.)I'm disappointed that I read the same problem posted repeatedly every month.

Could I be wrong in think that this might violate The Federal Communications Commission Open Internet Order?

If you have had this problem: Post it!  I'd like to know the scope of this problem.

These sites were also blocked for about a week.  When your site is blocked, so is every one else on the server:

1695693.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

1654283.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

www.carverequipment.com

[ Site Information ]

www.nybmedia.com

[ Site Information ]

www.sandiegocitd.org

[ Site Information ]

realtynetwork.net

[ Site Information ]

www.texasenergyservice.com

[ Site Information ]

villacaribehotel.com

[ Site Information ]

www.accunw.com

[ Site Information ]

newtworldordergingrich.com

[ Site Information ]

opcmovies.com

[ Site Information ]

1669407.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

medallionbaywa.com

[ Site Information ]

[ Site Information ]

See my post here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Settings-and-Maintenance/Tracert-shows-ip-blocked-after-108-73-88-2-lightspeed-rcsntx/m-p/3331007

I have not gotten resolution from AT&T on this. After my initialal communication with the Presidents office at ATT, they fixed the problem (not prompt enough for my customers I had to pay for a work around with Goddady - ouch.)I'm disappointed that I read the same problem posted repeatedly every month.

Could I be wrong in think that this might violate The Federal Communications Commission Open Internet Order?

If you have had this problem: Post it!  I'd like to know the scope of this problem.

These sites were also blocked for about a week.  When your site is blocked, so is every one else on the server:

1695693.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

1654283.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

www.carverequipment.com

[ Site Information ]

www.nybmedia.com

[ Site Information ]

www.sandiegocitd.org

[ Site Information ]

realtynetwork.net

[ Site Information ]

www.texasenergyservice.com

[ Site Information ]

villacaribehotel.com

[ Site Information ]

www.accunw.com

[ Site Information ]

newtworldordergingrich.com

[ Site Information ]

opcmovies.com

[ Site Information ]

1669407.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

medallionbaywa.com

[ Site Information ]

[ Site Information ]

18 of 45 (17,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 7, 2012 2:37:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Please see the following link for one explanation for why this may be happening to you:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Can-t-get-to-specific-Web-sites-wasn-t-a-problem-in-the...

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Can-t-get-to-specific-Web-sites-wasn-t-a-problem-in-the-past/m-p/3337591#M35378

19 of 45 (17,576 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 2:59:06 PM
(0)
Teacher
INTOTHEIPHONE.COM, CDTREMODELERS.COM, HYDROGENPROS.COM, MYCYCLONEFUELSAVER.COM, MYSOMMELIER.COM, AGLOBALCONCIENCE.COM, NUHOMEREMODELERS.COM, MORGANSILVERDOLLAR.CO, dreamdinnerwines.com
INTOTHEIPHONE.COM, CDTREMODELERS.COM, HYDROGENPROS.COM, MYCYCLONEFUELSAVER.COM, MYSOMMELIER.COM, AGLOBALCONCIENCE.COM, NUHOMEREMODELERS.COM, MORGANSILVERDOLLAR.CO, dreamdinnerwines.com

20 of 45 (17,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 5:05:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

Its back.... www.hitw.org    Also hosted on GO Daddy

Its back.... www.hitw.org    Also hosted on GO Daddy

21 of 45 (17,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2013 6:00:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am now experiencing this issue. My sites on Godaddy have been unaccessible since 3/14/2013. I have been on the phone back and forth with Godaddy and AT&T and finally reached a Level2 tech with AT&T that confirmed that AT&T blocked the Godaddy IP Address. Here is AT&T's response:

"The website you are trying to reach is hosted on a server that has been compromised and was involved in malicious activity. AT&T has blocked the IP address on our network. We have directions on how to identify the vulnerability so the hosting provider would need to contact noc@att.net and specify the IP address being blocked for instructions on how to remove the vulnerability and get the block lifted."

When I called Godaddy they claimed they have never ever heard of this, but from just a quick internet search I see this same issue goes back as far as 2008. But they expect me to believe this is the first time this has ever happened.

AT&T has tried several times to push me off on CommTech but I have told them no way am I paying them to resolve an AT&T issue. If they have identified that they blocked the IP they can very well as easily remove it. Why should I pay CommTech for that. Ridiculous!!!

Godaddy pretty much said they are not sending an email, that AT&T needs to take care of it. 

I have already purchased hosting elsewhere and as soon as I can acess my FTP, and my Mysql datbases on the Godaddy Server, I am moving all my sites off Godaddy. (All my sites are ecommerce sites and I really don't want to build them over from scratch, but if I can get the files it would be a quick switch over to the new host)  

I have been with Godaddy 6 years and never had an issue until now. As long as you don't have a technical issue things worked fine, but good luck getting a decent response from those guys when things go wrong.

T.C.

I am now experiencing this issue. My sites on Godaddy have been unaccessible since 3/14/2013. I have been on the phone back and forth with Godaddy and AT&T and finally reached a Level2 tech with AT&T that confirmed that AT&T blocked the Godaddy IP Address. Here is AT&T's response:

"The website you are trying to reach is hosted on a server that has been compromised and was involved in malicious activity. AT&T has blocked the IP address on our network. We have directions on how to identify the vulnerability so the hosting provider would need to contact noc@att.net and specify the IP address being blocked for instructions on how to remove the vulnerability and get the block lifted."

When I called Godaddy they claimed they have never ever heard of this, but from just a quick internet search I see this same issue goes back as far as 2008. But they expect me to believe this is the first time this has ever happened.

AT&T has tried several times to push me off on CommTech but I have told them no way am I paying them to resolve an AT&T issue. If they have identified that they blocked the IP they can very well as easily remove it. Why should I pay CommTech for that. Ridiculous!!!

Godaddy pretty much said they are not sending an email, that AT&T needs to take care of it. 

I have already purchased hosting elsewhere and as soon as I can acess my FTP, and my Mysql datbases on the Godaddy Server, I am moving all my sites off Godaddy. (All my sites are ecommerce sites and I really don't want to build them over from scratch, but if I can get the files it would be a quick switch over to the new host)  

I have been with Godaddy 6 years and never had an issue until now. As long as you don't have a technical issue things worked fine, but good luck getting a decent response from those guys when things go wrong.

T.C.

22 of 45 (16,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 8:57:22 PM
(0)
Contributor
My site republicofstrength.com and email is being blocked by At&T. My web host, bluehost, has informed me that ATT has caused this block so all Internet through att and their cellular data will not allow me or any of my customers use my site. I am also being blocked from my email so I cannot be contacted by customers and current clients, which can mean a loss of income. Att wants me to pay a monthly subscription to speak with someone about this issue...seems like extortion. I am not even told what the problem is the customer service rep gives me a giant runaround that always leads to speaking to a technician which I must pay for beforehand.
I have had att services for cell phone, uverse at home and Internet at my gym for 5 years. I am not at all happy with their handling of this situation and plan to move my services soon. I hope someone has an answer for me that doesn't quire me to pay before they explain my problem. Terrible company!!
My site republicofstrength.com and email is being blocked by At&T. My web host, bluehost, has informed me that ATT has caused this block so all Internet through att and their cellular data will not allow me or any of my customers use my site. I am also being blocked from my email so I cannot be contacted by customers and current clients, which can mean a loss of income. Att wants me to pay a monthly subscription to speak with someone about this issue...seems like extortion. I am not even told what the problem is the customer service rep gives me a giant runaround that always leads to speaking to a technician which I must pay for beforehand.
I have had att services for cell phone, uverse at home and Internet at my gym for 5 years. I am not at all happy with their handling of this situation and plan to move my services soon. I hope someone has an answer for me that doesn't quire me to pay before they explain my problem. Terrible company!!

23 of 45 (14,314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 9:15:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

i'm on BlueHost and am having the exact same problem.  this is beyond outrageous.

i'm on BlueHost and am having the exact same problem.  this is beyond outrageous.

24 of 45 (14,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 7:15:25 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:13:13 AM

Hello guys, did you see what was posted above? Seems to be an explanation of the issue and instructions on how to address:

It sounds like a security issue, can you check with BlueHost to see if they can email AT&T at noc@att.net?

Update: It was brought to my attention that the email address posted here is outdated, please send me a private message by clicking here for updated contact info.

Some good info here too.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello guys, did you see what was posted above? Seems to be an explanation of the issue and instructions on how to address:

It sounds like a security issue, can you check with BlueHost to see if they can email AT&T at noc@att.net?

Update: It was brought to my attention that the email address posted here is outdated, please send me a private message by clicking here for updated contact info.

Some good info here too.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
25 of 45 (14,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 8:52:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

i have contacted Blue Host, and according to them AT&T is not being very cooperative at all.  but beyond that, AT&T is the bad guy here, not Blue Host.  what you are doing is shutting down hundreds if not thousands of small businesses in order to hunt down some alleged "bad guy".  there is absolutely no need to block all traffic to the suspect IP address in order to solve whatever problem there might be.  this is ridiculous.

i have contacted Blue Host, and according to them AT&T is not being very cooperative at all.  but beyond that, AT&T is the bad guy here, not Blue Host.  what you are doing is shutting down hundreds if not thousands of small businesses in order to hunt down some alleged "bad guy".  there is absolutely no need to block all traffic to the suspect IP address in order to solve whatever problem there might be.  this is ridiculous.

26 of 45 (14,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 10:49:11 AM
(0)
Teacher

I can't access my Bluehost-hosted website either.  This is intolerable, AT&T.  Quit blocking your customers' websites or watch us leave in droves.

I can't access my Bluehost-hosted website either.  This is intolerable, AT&T.  Quit blocking your customers' websites or watch us leave in droves.

27 of 45 (14,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 2:05:23 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Aug 15, 2013 at 2:09:53 PM

Thank you for your posts guys! We apologize for the trouble. We're working with Bluehost to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Thank you for your posts guys! We apologize for the trouble. We're working with Bluehost to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
28 of 45 (14,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 3:24:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

looks like the AT&T Blue Host server block has finally been lifted.  i would love to hear an official statement from AT&T as to exactly why they thought this action was necessary, and how they feel they were justified in disrupting the service of thousands of small businesses in order to chase down whatever it was they were chasing down. 

looks like the AT&T Blue Host server block has finally been lifted.  i would love to hear an official statement from AT&T as to exactly why they thought this action was necessary, and how they feel they were justified in disrupting the service of thousands of small businesses in order to chase down whatever it was they were chasing down. 

29 of 45 (14,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 5:09:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

My site's back up too.  Thank goodness.  I hope AT&T and Bluehost have established a connection so this doesn't happen again.

My site's back up too.  Thank goodness.  I hope AT&T and Bluehost have established a connection so this doesn't happen again.

30 of 45 (14,094 Views)