For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
evrlast985's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 7:05 PM

AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

my website GoBanter.com is hosted through godaddy and I have not been able to access it from any computer at my office and at my house where I have AT&T cable service. Spoke with GoDaddy customer service and they are reporting that it is a problem they are working on fixing with AT&T. 

Can AT&T block certain websites arbitrarily, is this an example of censorship like what they have in China?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Obviously not all of GoDaddy is having a problem with routing to AT&T.

Parts of the SJSig signatures used by several of the ACE's here are served from my hosting account at GoDaddy and they seem to be unaffected.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

My problem has been SOLVED, YAY. Thanks for all your responses and help. My site was down initially for a half a day when GoDaddy was hacked. It was completely down and I could not access it from any computer weather from my house, office, girlfriends house or phone. 

Once my site was up and running I had a strange problem where I could no longer access it using any computer which was accessing the internet using AT&T service. I was able to access it from my friends house who has Xfinity, I was also able to see it using my phone but could not access it from my home or office where I have UVerse. 

Finally after all these days, my service has been restored and it has everything to do with AT&T blocking service. AT&T has blocked multiple sites and now they are unblocking them.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

ATT has never blocked a site, unless they are considered a rogue site, or a rogue setup to DNoS or DDS various sites across the web. When they do, it comes from the top down to ATT's engineers to do the blocking.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yep, I was able to access your site and we are U-verse subscribers.  No problem....except that I went to leave you a comment to your post on that site and found that I had to sign in to FaceBook to do it.  I refuse to have anything to do with that outfit any more so was unable to comment.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

My guess is that AT&T discovered a bot C&C server or malware server running on a domain sharing your site's IP address, then blocked it in two stages... port 80 and 443 were transparently proxied, with requests to non-blacklisted domains passed through, and all other traffic was blocked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have a similar issue. Site is hosted on webhost4life http://www.npcpe.net and does not respond on uverse or AT&T 3g. Tested with http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and site responds fine. Tested on my TWC network at work and it's fine, tested with a Verizon Myfi and again returns fine. DNS tests are good, muiple devices tested all worked on non AT&T networks. 

Called support and spent over an hour with them for them to tell me AT&T doesn't block domains and it's becuase I have a dynamic IP in my router. Again explained this is a hosted site on a static IP, and not an issue with my connectivity. Transfered to some department that wanted to bill me to access my machine. Again explained that this is a routing or IDS issue and was told I needed to give them a CC number to try to see my issue. First time I've ever been unhappy with AT&T service.

So it seems the best way to get this resolved is to post here and have mutiple people see the issue, sad. I understand routing issues occur, I even understand that my hosted site might be on a server behaving badly. Either explination would have been fine. To watse my time and then try to get some money from me to give me an explination is not acceptable.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@cj52973 wrote:

I have a similar issue. Site is hosted on webhost4life http://www.npcpe.net and does not respond on uverse or AT&T 3g. Tested with http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and site responds fine. Tested on my TWC network at work and it's fine, tested with a Verizon Myfi and again returns fine. DNS tests are good, muiple devices tested all worked on non AT&T networks. 

Called support and spent over an hour with them for them to tell me AT&T doesn't block domains and it's becuase I have a dynamic IP in my router. Again explained this is a hosted site on a static IP, and not an issue with my connectivity. Transfered to some department that wanted to bill me to access my machine. Again explained that this is a routing or IDS issue and was told I needed to give them a CC number to try to see my issue. First time I've ever been unhappy with AT&T service.

So it seems the best way to get this resolved is to post here and have mutiple people see the issue, sad. I understand routing issues occur, I even understand that my hosted site might be on a server behaving badly. Either explination would have been fine. To watse my time and then try to get some money from me to give me an explination is not acceptable.

Have you contacted godaddy? They have had issues in the past.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

See my post here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Settings-and-Maintenance/Tracert-shows-ip-blocked-after-108-73-88-2-lightspeed-rcsntx/m-p/3331007

I have not gotten resolution from AT&T on this. After my initialal communication with the Presidents office at ATT, they fixed the problem (not prompt enough for my customers I had to pay for a work around with Goddady - ouch.)I'm disappointed that I read the same problem posted repeatedly every month.

Could I be wrong in think that this might violate The Federal Communications Commission Open Internet Order?

If you have had this problem: Post it!  I'd like to know the scope of this problem.

These sites were also blocked for about a week.  When your site is blocked, so is every one else on the server:

1695693.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

1654283.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

www.carverequipment.com

[ Site Information ]

www.nybmedia.com

[ Site Information ]

www.sandiegocitd.org

[ Site Information ]

realtynetwork.net

[ Site Information ]

www.texasenergyservice.com

[ Site Information ]

villacaribehotel.com

[ Site Information ]

www.accunw.com

[ Site Information ]

newtworldordergingrich.com

[ Site Information ]

opcmovies.com

[ Site Information ]

1669407.r.msn.com

[ Site Information ]

medallionbaywa.com

[ Site Information ]

[ Site Information ]

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

INTOTHEIPHONE.COM, CDTREMODELERS.COM, HYDROGENPROS.COM, MYCYCLONEFUELSAVER.COM, MYSOMMELIER.COM, AGLOBALCONCIENCE.COM, NUHOMEREMODELERS.COM, MORGANSILVERDOLLAR.CO, dreamdinnerwines.com

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Its back.... www.hitw.org    Also hosted on GO Daddy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.