Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 4, 2012
6:29:18 PM
watch tv while i'm recording?

Sorry if this has been posted before.  I just got u-verse today. (U450) I have 2 tvs and 2 receivers.  I have 4 streams all HD.  My question is, why can't i watch live tv while i am recording a show? I recorded a 30 min show and i couldn't watch any live tv on either of my tv's until that show was done recording.  The tv said "all HD services are in use"  Is this correct or am i doing something wrong?

Sorry if this has been posted before.  I just got u-verse today. (U450) I have 2 tvs and 2 receivers.  I have 4 streams all HD.  My question is, why can't i watch live tv while i am recording a show? I recorded a 30 min show and i couldn't watch any live tv on either of my tv's until that show was done recording.  The tv said "all HD services are in use"  Is this correct or am i doing something wrong?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 5, 2012 5:25:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

I figured it out.  I just had to reboot my receivers.  Thanks though

Accepted Solution

watch tv while i'm recording?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2012 8:20:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Were you recording 3 HD programs and trying to watch something on the DVR?

If your profile allows 4 HD streams and you are using 3 of those streams to record, the 4th stream can be only be watched on a STB and NOT the DVR.

Were you recording 3 HD programs and trying to watch something on the DVR?

If your profile allows 4 HD streams and you are using 3 of those streams to record, the 4th stream can be only be watched on a STB and NOT the DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: watch tv while i'm recording?

2 of 7 (2,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 5, 2012 5:25:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

3 of 7 (2,133 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2012 9:04:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
When in doubt, reboot.
When in doubt, reboot.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (2,118 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2012 2:26:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

browns25 wrote:

Thanks for posing and letting us know you got that issue resolved.  That info may be helpful for others in the future.  If you ever have any other questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post.  There are may people ready, willing, and able to offer help in the form of suggestions, and information.  Enjoy.

browns25 wrote:

Thanks for posing and letting us know you got that issue resolved.  That info may be helpful for others in the future.  If you ever have any other questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post.  There are may people ready, willing, and able to offer help in the form of suggestions, and information.  Enjoy.

5 of 7 (2,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2016 2:13:07 PM
(0)
Contributor
How do I reboot my receiver?

6 of 7 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2016 3:11:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Navigator wrote:

Hold the oval button for 5 secs.  It will flash and begin rebooting.

Navigator wrote:

Hold the oval button for 5 secs.  It will flash and begin rebooting.

7 of 7 (18 Views)