For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jenniferwelford's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 1:45 AM

recording

when i record tv shows i cant watch tv on my other tvs??????? why?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

it was standard tv not hd if that matters it was 2 shows at once i have 4 tvs

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jenniferwelford - If you are recording four shows you have reached your limit & cannot watch any more.

What is the indication that you cannot watch on the other TVs?

Another possibility is TVs you are not watching, but the STB is still on using up a stream.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

all 4 tvs where being watched and we were recording 2 standard tv shows and it would let us watch tv on 3 of the 4 tvs.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Four streams (unique channels) are delivered to your house. Those four channels can be watched on multiple TVs or recorded. If a TV tries for a fifth channel, you will get an error that one is not available.

U-verse is not friendly to high usage families. All you can do is coordinate your schedules & watch recordings, instead of live. some shows can be recorded while you are sleeping.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@jenniferwelford wrote:

all 4 tvs where being watched and we were recording 2 standard tv shows and it would let us watch tv on 3 of the 4 tvs.

Let me see if I have this right.  You're recording 2 SD channels, and watching TV on 3 TV's but it wouldn't let you watch a fourth.  On the surface that sounds like you were already one over the limit.

Do you have Gigapower?

Were two of the TV's watching the same program?

Was one TV watching something already recorded on the DVR?

You can have a total of 4 (5 if Gigapower) live TV streams coming in to your home.  In some homes the number of HD streams is limited below 4.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

it will also only let me watch hd channels on 3 out of the 4 tvs at once the 4th tv has to be basic???????????

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@jenniferwelford wrote:

it will also only let me watch hd channels on 3 out of the 4 tvs at once the 4th tv has to be basic???????????

If you have a 4 HD profile, the 4th HD stream can be watched on a STB but NOT on the DVR.  That's why it's a good idea to have your DVR hooked up the the LEAST used TV and not the most used TV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.