rigosan's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 9:21 PM

new dvr unit question

I had my dvr unit replaced a couple of weeks ago.  lately, I noticed that when I shut off the device.  the green and blue liight stay on.  unlike, my old device were the only light to stay on was the green. is this normal?  if not, could there be a problem  and how to fix it........

thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@rigosan wrote:

I had my dvr unit replaced a couple of weeks ago.  lately, I noticed that when I shut off the device.  the green and blue liight stay on.  unlike, my old device were the only light to stay on was the green. is this normal?  if not, could there be a problem  and how to fix it........

thank you. 

If you have the Motorola VIP2250 or the Cisco ISB7500, what you are seeing is normal and expected whether you are using an HDMI cable or component cables.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

rigosan - The blue light indicates HD - It generally stays on when connected to the TV Via component & turns off (when off) when connected HDMI.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

thank you for your reply.  my tv is connected with an hdmi cable.  so if I read your reply correctly, the blue llight should be off when the device is turned off?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

rigosan - generally speaking yes. But, the HDMI interface is two way & can get out of synch.

Is your tv actually turned off? If not it may be causing the blue light to stay lit.

If you just change the TV to a different input - say watch over the air - it may or may not turn of the blue light.
It is possible that the STB did not see a shutdown from the TV.

The original HDMI implementation left the blue light on. Maybe thet reverted back to that.
There are people who use both component and HDMI to feed two different TVs that would love to have the light stay on when the HDMI TV is off.

Bottom line - while it is not normal it is not a problem. Good for you for noticing and asking about it.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:
If you have the Motorola VIP2250 or the Cisco ISB7500, what you are seeing is normal and expected whether you are using an HDMI cable or component cables.

Thanks for that information, TG.  I did not know that.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

That change occurred earlier this year when those 2 DVR's received firmware update 2.1.2344.20.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.