jaycee395's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 8:44 PM

hd picture quality terrible.

Thought maybe someone in the community maybe able to help since 27 att techs could not or would not. I have Uverse service with the hd and on all channels I get what looks like a strobing effect on anything dark on the screen. The nights sky, dark suits, even dark hair. When you get closer to the tv you see that what it actually is are lines and patterns running thru the picture. I am having this effect on all three tv's in my house and all ATT wants to do is tell me that the signal is fine and it has to be the setting on the tv. I have tried everything. I even hired a professional to come out and calibrate the tv's and nothing helps all we can do is darken the screen to minmize the effect the only issue is that that will only work with bright pictures or sceens, for sceens that are already dark it just makes the issue worse. Also this only happens when watchign Uverse. it does not have this effect with anything else, bluray, streaming, chromecast all work fine but uverse looks like an internet stream from 10 years ago. Any suggestions other then finding a new provider?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

what is the make/model of the tv?  are all tv's the same?  does the picture look like this on all tv's?  is it only on HD channels, or also on the standard def channels?  have you tried unplugging any other peripheral devices?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

You may also want to demand that they swap out your receivers.  you may just have gotten bad boxes.

After googling, it appears that you may just be as S O L as I am:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29078062-Really-horrible-U-Verse-TV-PQ

Since UVerse is pumped to your house via telephone lines, there's only so much bandwidth available. To get the job done, they compress the crap out of video. It isn't your TV, HDMI cables, DVR box settings or HDMI ports....... it all comes down to AT&T using telephone lines to cram everything through. I think the people that defend UVerse picture quality have never seen anything better so to them, it looks amazing. UVerse HD picture quality is lacking when compared to other sources like cable, satellite and OTA HD feeds.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

dvr has been changed twice , rg gateway I have a stack of them to return must have been 7 times already for the gateway.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

no all TV's are different the main is a Samsung UN60H7150 the other is a Panasonic Viera tcp50st30 and the last is an older 7 series Samsung. The issue is on all three TV's happens with both wired and unwired boxes. And the issue gets worse as the day goes by. in essence it is not quite as bad in the morning, almost un watchable by late afternoon early evening and then better late night. How can that be a TV issue? it happens on every channel, in any input, and even if we change form HDMI to Component. but these effects are not there with any other form of media device just uverse.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

see my edited post above (i didn't want to Bogart the thread) 🙂

prob time to switch providers

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I just filed an FCC complaint for my issue.  I suggest you do so for yours as well.  Even just copying your forum posts would be sufficient to get a ticket filed with the FCC.  That may be the only way to get them to do anything at all to help.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

you can do the research and see for yourself that AT&T is forcing its customers to pay for antiquated, obsolete equipment and they are providing a service that is documented clearly to be sub-par.  I will be switching providers tomorrow, and after your 27 calls to technical support, I don't think you will have any other choice yourself.  I've been a customer with AT&T since FOREVER--at least 25-30 years.

[Please keep it courteous]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.