U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 8, 2012
12:41:40 PM
Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

Hi,

Will U-Verse DVR record the Rolling Stones PPV on Dec 15th?

I will not be home and wish to watch it later.  

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

Will U-Verse DVR record the Rolling Stones PPV on Dec 15th?

I will not be home and wish to watch it later.  

Thanks in Advance

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 8, 2012 1:05:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, after you subscribe to a PPV event, you can schedule it to record on the DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 8, 2012 1:05:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, after you subscribe to a PPV event, you can schedule it to record on the DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

2 of 20 (4,930 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 1:28:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
I would hate to order it and then it won't record.
I would hate to order it and then it won't record.

3 of 20 (4,922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 1:31:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You should be able to record the concert, but because of who it is I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to not be recordable.

You should be able to record the concert, but because of who it is I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to not be recordable.

4 of 20 (4,917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 2:27:48 PM
(0)
Tutor
Would AT&T know in advance if its recordable?
Would AT&T know in advance if its recordable?

5 of 20 (4,891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 2:43:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You could probably call and ask, but I doubt if you would get an accurate answer.  Not all of the CSRs have Uverse and so they may not even know about the PPV concert. 

You could probably call and ask, but I doubt if you would get an accurate answer.  Not all of the CSRs have Uverse and so they may not even know about the PPV concert. 

6 of 20 (4,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 3:14:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
I don't want to roll the dice with this ppv show ... $50 for the Stones..
I don't want to roll the dice with this ppv show ... $50 for the Stones..

7 of 20 (4,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 3:19:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by RCSMG on Dec 8, 2012 at 3:20:39 PM

I have never paid for a PPV event with Uverse so I don't know if what the norm is, regarding recording them.  I do know that there are times when some movies on premium channels list that they can't be recorded, as well as pay VOD movies.  If you really like the Stones I say go ahead and pay for it and enjoy it.  The PPV is way cheaper than the nose bleed seats at the venue.  And you can have multiple people watching for that same $50.

I have never paid for a PPV event with Uverse so I don't know if what the norm is, regarding recording them.  I do know that there are times when some movies on premium channels list that they can't be recorded, as well as pay VOD movies.  If you really like the Stones I say go ahead and pay for it and enjoy it.  The PPV is way cheaper than the nose bleed seats at the venue.  And you can have multiple people watching for that same $50.

[ Edited ]
8 of 20 (4,882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 5:23:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

My original question was could I record the PPV as I won't be home the night of the show. I don't want to order it then be told it can't be programmed to record or recorded live.

My original question was could I record the PPV as I won't be home the night of the show. I don't want to order it then be told it can't be programmed to record or recorded live.

9 of 20 (4,853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 6:05:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

tuesrubie wrote:

Unless something has changed recently, PPV events can be recorded:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Can-I-Record-a-PPV-HBO-Fight/m-p/2866851#M51876

tuesrubie wrote:

Unless something has changed recently, PPV events can be recorded:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Can-I-Record-a-PPV-HBO-Fight/m-p/2866851#M51876

10 of 20 (4,847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 8:48:51 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by bauwls on Dec 12, 2012 at 9:00:04 AM

Good question and it's not a clear answer. By default, all PPV events purchased with U-verse are free to record. There have been in the past certain events which are not recordable. This was not initiated by U-verse but rather a request from the owners of the content.

It does look like the e-support article wording has changed now and no longer mentions recording.

Good question and it's not a clear answer. By default, all PPV events purchased with U-verse are free to record. There have been in the past certain events which are not recordable. This was not initiated by U-verse but rather a request from the owners of the content.

It does look like the e-support article wording has changed now and no longer mentions recording.

[ Edited ]
11 of 20 (4,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 10:54:06 AM
(0)
Contributor
tuesrubie,

I just rented the Stones PPV on HD and after I paid, the option to record was available. It's in my "Scheduled Recordings" list. :-)
tuesrubie,

I just rented the Stones PPV on HD and after I paid, the option to record was available. It's in my "Scheduled Recordings" list. :-)

12 of 20 (4,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 11:26:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for posting.  Hopefully it will record as scheduled.

Thanks for posting.  Hopefully it will record as scheduled.

13 of 20 (4,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2012 12:38:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

I called U-Verse CS and they said that show is not recordable. I"ll probally get a TIVO for a month to do this. Think that will work ?

I called U-Verse CS and they said that show is not recordable. I"ll probally get a TIVO for a month to do this. Think that will work ?

14 of 20 (4,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 1:54:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

tuesrubie wrote:

That may, or may not, work well, or at all.  You would have to connect the TiVo to the STB via Coax or Composite and then somehow get the STB to use an IR blaster to turn the STB on and tune it to the correct channel at the time it needs to record.

I would be sure to do a test run on some other programs before depending on this.

tuesrubie wrote:

That may, or may not, work well, or at all.  You would have to connect the TiVo to the STB via Coax or Composite and then somehow get the STB to use an IR blaster to turn the STB on and tune it to the correct channel at the time it needs to record.

I would be sure to do a test run on some other programs before depending on this.

15 of 20 (4,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2012 11:38:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

TIVO won't work. So I bought the show though Yahoo for computer and iPhone. It's good for 30 days and has it's own application. If I was home tonight I would have gotten the show on U-Verse but with no DVR and no repeat performances that ruled it out. This show will be on torrent sites in a few days anyway. Thanks for all the advice here.

TIVO won't work. So I bought the show though Yahoo for computer and iPhone. It's good for 30 days and has it's own application. If I was home tonight I would have gotten the show on U-Verse but with no DVR and no repeat performances that ruled it out. This show will be on torrent sites in a few days anyway. Thanks for all the advice here.

16 of 20 (4,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2012 7:21:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

After seeing the no-longer-Rolling Stones on the 12/12/12 Concert for Sandy Relief, I'm glad they only did two songs so I didn't have to sit through any more of it.  Those guys should have hung it up 20+ years ago.  Mick Jagger looks like he's 150 and sound like he's dead.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

After seeing the no-longer-Rolling Stones on the 12/12/12 Concert for Sandy Relief, I'm glad they only did two songs so I didn't have to sit through any more of it.  Those guys should have hung it up 20+ years ago.  Mick Jagger looks like he's 150 and sound like he's dead.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

17 of 20 (3,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 9:10:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the threadcap and your postive note on the Stones, by the way the PPV was excellent.

Thanks for the threadcap and your postive note on the Stones, by the way the PPV was excellent.

18 of 20 (3,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2012 12:49:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Cool.

Cool.

19 of 20 (3,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 9:22:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

The DVR recorded the concert for me.  But, now I'd like to burn it to a DVD.  Any idea how I do this?  I bought a DVD Recorder, but it won't let me finalize the disc after recording.

The DVR recorded the concert for me.  But, now I'd like to burn it to a DVD.  Any idea how I do this?  I bought a DVD Recorder, but it won't let me finalize the disc after recording.

20 of 20 (2,135 Views)