tuesrubie's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, December 8th, 2012 8:41 PM

Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

Hi,

Will U-Verse DVR record the Rolling Stones PPV on Dec 15th?

I will not be home and wish to watch it later.  

Thanks in Advance

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Good question and it's not a clear answer. By default, all PPV events purchased with U-verse are free to record. There have been in the past certain events which are not recordable. This was not initiated by U-verse but rather a request from the owners of the content.

It does look like the e-support article wording has changed now and no longer mentions recording.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

tuesrubie,

I just rented the Stones PPV on HD and after I paid, the option to record was available. It's in my "Scheduled Recordings" list. 🙂

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting.  Hopefully it will record as scheduled.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I called U-Verse CS and they said that show is not recordable. I"ll probally get a TIVO for a month to do this. Think that will work ?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

@tuesrubie wrote:

I called U-Verse CS and they said that show is not recordable. I"ll probally get a TIVO for a month to do this. Think that will work ?

That may, or may not, work well, or at all.  You would have to connect the TiVo to the STB via Coax or Composite and then somehow get the STB to use an IR blaster to turn the STB on and tune it to the correct channel at the time it needs to record.

I would be sure to do a test run on some other programs before depending on this.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

TIVO won't work. So I bought the show though Yahoo for computer and iPhone. It's good for 30 days and has it's own application. If I was home tonight I would have gotten the show on U-Verse but with no DVR and no repeat performances that ruled it out. This show will be on torrent sites in a few days anyway. Thanks for all the advice here.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

After seeing the no-longer-Rolling Stones on the 12/12/12 Concert for Sandy Relief, I'm glad they only did two songs so I didn't have to sit through any more of it.  Those guys should have hung it up 20+ years ago.  Mick Jagger looks like he's 150 and sound like he's dead.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Cool.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

The DVR recorded the concert for me.  But, now I'd like to burn it to a DVD.  Any idea how I do this?  I bought a DVD Recorder, but it won't let me finalize the disc after recording.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.