Whatsmyusername's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, December 14th, 2014 3:17 AM

Why don't DVR scheduled programs record properly

Why, in this day and age, can't U-verse start my scheduled recordings at the time they are supposed to? They start about 3 minutes early then about a minute or two after.

I thought all programs had a code that could be used to mark the start and stop of the program. If this is the case then why can't U-verse use them? I am so tired of having to fast forward to the start of the program and, don't get me started if a previous tv show runs long and the DVR starts recording it instead and stops before my show finishes. Really?!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

It's called a "buffer" and that's how it's supposed to work.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Buffer or not, doesn't help if you aren't recording the show in its entirity if previous show runs long.

This is a technology question...

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Whatsmyusername wrote:
Buffer or not, doesn't help if you aren't recording the show in its entirity if previous show runs long.

This is a technology question...

Give us examples of what you are complaining about.  I don't have any of your problems and I do alot of recording.

If it happens to be any live program or sports, add extra time in the Record Options for the following program.

Most shows start 1 minute before and end 2 minutes after the programs scheduled end time, unless it's causing a conflict and will be adjusted so the next program can start. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

The U-verse DVR deliberately adds 1 minute to the beginning, and 2 minutes to the end, of each program it records (when it can without running out of streams).  This is intended as a beneficial feature because not all TV programs start exactly when they're supposed to start.  They may be a few seconds early, they may run a minute or so longer than the guide.

Would you rather it give you a little extra recording you don't need, or potentially miss some you do want?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.