For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
noway89's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 12:10 PM

Why does blue hd light stay on?

I do not have hd but the blue light stays on even when tv is off. It didn't always stay on so i wonder what changed, also my remote does not respond to recorded shows. It will not bring up menu for recorded shows. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

I have actually noticed my HD blue light staying lit when the TV is powered off and the STB is on standby on my HDMI connected STB.  Not all the time though.  This has only been in the past 2 weeks.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC I am seeing the same behavior.  Sometimes it's on and sometimes it's not with the TV off and STB in standby.

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

10 years ago

We all know what the blue light really is. And yes they are watching !

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My blue stays on and it stops me from using firestick when I change source!

Help.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

The blue light indicates that you have HD.  Why would that effect your ability to use a Firestick?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Can't answer that question.  I've had HD for years.  Set up firestick three weeks ago, worked fine till the apparent update exactly at midnight!

Don't know what to do.

Thanks! 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Set up firestick three weeks ago, worked fine till the apparent update exactly at midnight!

You mean the firestick was updated?  If so obviously that update is the source of your problem not a blue light indicating the dvr/receiver is sensing and HD  connection.  You need to contact the folks that put out that update?  Alternatively is there a forum (or forums) like these to discuss firestick problems?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

5 years ago

It could (repeat could) be an issue where the set top was not previously generating a signal on the HDMI output (and had no blue light), but now it is (blue light) and this is causing the TV to see input on the HDMI and preferring the settop's input to the firestick's input.

However, it is normal for the AT&T TV Receivers to always transmit an HDMI picture on the HDMI output (unless it's configured for 480i).  Did you have it configured for 480i?  If so, why is the HDMI cable connected?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.