houston01's profile

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

Sunday, March 11th, 2012 1:17 PM

Web Remote Access Webpage on PC is flaky

The recorded show data displayed on my PC webpage is not accurate.  The PC webpage shows 85 recorded shows and the DVR shows there are only 84 shows recorded.  I've also had occasions where I've tried to delete recording from the web page only to find them still on the DVR.

I was told that by having the DVR turned on while trying to manage recordings from the PC webpage would help but it is still very flaky.  I've also tried logging out and back in but my recorded show count is still off.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

@houston01 wrote:

The recorded show data displayed on my PC webpage is not accurate.  The PC webpage shows 85 recorded shows and the DVR shows there are only 84 shows recorded.  I've also had occasions where I've tried to delete recording from the web page only to find them still on the DVR.

I was told that by having the DVR turned on while trying to manage recordings from the PC webpage would help but it is still very flaky.  I've also tried logging out and back in but my recorded show count is still off.

As texasguy said - reboot.  Rebooting the DVR should fix the dicepancy but I would wonder if it is indicating a deeper issue with your DVR.  About two years ago, i would see long deleted shows, returning to my list of recorded shows on what you call the "PC webpage."  Technically this page is called the Web Remote App (WRA) but it is a webpage and not an app.  Anywho, I started seeing issues like my DVR not recording complete shows, getting errors like "this show is already set to record" and so on.  I called and the Tier 2 rep asked how many recordings that i had on my DVR and IIRC, I said 60.  He said that it was showing over 150 on his end and there was also a discrepancy on the # of series recordings.  Long story short, they had to "rebuild" my account.  I lost all recorded shows and all series recordings.  I would have lost the recordings any way as I got a new DVR but since then, those issues went away.

So reboot but keep looking at the WRA to ensure that these issues don't come back.  Good luck!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Reboot your DVR.

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

12 years ago

Reboot made the problem go away.  The old listing is gone on the web page and the recording count on the DVR and the web page match. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.