Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 20, 2013
6:23:22 PM
VIP 2250 recording 4 shows

It's my understanding that the VIP2250 can record up to 4 shows at once.  I have 2 HD shows recording at a certain time slot, but everytime I try to record 3rd HD show, I get a conflict notice.  My settings are below.  Any ideas?

Streams: 0 SD/4 HD (WAN); 1 SD/3 HD (Ingress)

Egress Profile: 20000000, 0 SD/3 HD

It's my understanding that the VIP2250 can record up to 4 shows at once.  I have 2 HD shows recording at a certain time slot, but everytime I try to record 3rd HD show, I get a conflict notice.  My settings are below.  Any ideas?

Streams: 0 SD/4 HD (WAN); 1 SD/3 HD (Ingress)

Egress Profile: 20000000, 0 SD/3 HD

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2013 9:09:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, the Ingress Profile will go no higher than 1 SD/3 HD.

Also, with soft padding, you will probably have no need to manually extend the recordings by 5 minutes. The recordings will automatically start 1 minute prior to the start time and end 2 minutes after the end time.  If a conflict will be created by applying the soft padding that would result in a program not recording, the soft padding will not be applied.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

VIP 2250 recording 4 shows

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 6:36:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
When you select the program that will not record and select Resolve Conflict, it will show you what scheduled recordings are in conflict.
When you select the program that will not record and select Resolve Conflict, it will show you what scheduled recordings are in conflict.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: VIP 2250 recording 4 shows

2 of 7 (2,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:01:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

It does show me the shows in conflict, but I don't think there should be a conflict because I'm currently only recording 2 shows in the timeslot.  This show will make it 3 shows recording in timeslot.  It's my understanding that I should be able to record 4 shows at once.

It does show me the shows in conflict, but I don't think there should be a conflict because I'm currently only recording 2 shows in the timeslot.  This show will make it 3 shows recording in timeslot.  It's my understanding that I should be able to record 4 shows at once.

3 of 7 (2,122 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:32:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jan 20, 2013 at 7:32:46 PM

How many programs are shown in conflict when you select Resolve conflict?  With your Ingress Profile, you can record up to 3 HD programs and I SD program at the same time.

Would it be possible for you to attach a screenshot of what you see when you select Resolve conflict?

How many programs are shown in conflict when you select Resolve conflict?  With your Ingress Profile, you can record up to 3 HD programs and I SD program at the same time.

Would it be possible for you to attach a screenshot of what you see when you select Resolve conflict?

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (2,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 9:02:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I see the problem now.  I set all shows to record 5 min over which caused 3 HD shows to overlap.  I never record anything in SD.  Is there a way to set the Ingress to 0 SD/4 HD?

I see the problem now.  I set all shows to record 5 min over which caused 3 HD shows to overlap.  I never record anything in SD.  Is there a way to set the Ingress to 0 SD/4 HD?

5 of 7 (2,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2013 9:09:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Also, with soft padding, you will probably have no need to manually extend the recordings by 5 minutes. The recordings will automatically start 1 minute prior to the start time and end 2 minutes after the end time.  If a conflict will be created by applying the soft padding that would result in a program not recording, the soft padding will not be applied.

6 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 9:11:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

Good to know.  Thanks for your help.

Good to know.  Thanks for your help.