For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Czkramer's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 3rd, 2014 7:32 PM

Uverse DVR erased my recordings

Just after watching a DVR'd show today and deleting it...while remote was sitting in my lap not even touching it - All of my DVR'd shows (probably 10) starting deleting one by one right in front of my eyes. Again I wasn't touching a thing. When I realized what was happening I quickly turned everything off and when I turned it back on everything but 1 show was gone. Contacted the chat support who couldnt help at all other than to tell me "sorry". What happened, why and how come I can't get them back?!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

In the past two hours, six shows/movies recorded between 2/27-3/25 disappeared AND it still says only 45 minutes of HD available. And nothing new has recorded in the past 36 hours. So all my pre-3/25 recordings are gone.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @caj009,

We apologize about the issues. We always suggest keeping around 50% of DVR space available. Along with housing space for the DVR recordings, the hard drive also needs space for Live TV. This allows for the ability to pause and rewind TV. With the Total Home DVR service, the hard drive also allows this ability to all the receivers in your house, so if you have all the TVs going and watching TV, it can take up more space than normal.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

They rarely work all at once so we are definitely not using them at the same time. One TV is used !maybe, once or twice a month. Now it does not come on at all...so, not even that often.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @SheriL,

Your issue may be more unique. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare, leaving 50 percent of my DVR available hasn't been necessary the past three years, so I don't know what changed. Our usage hasn't. Our live TV rewinding service wasn't working tonight either despite us having 13 percent of space (5 hours HD) available now. I also tried deleting a single show tonight to make more space & noticed three unrelated shows were all deleted simultaneously without warning, all while not changing the amount of available recording space. And I recorded a movie tonight around 6-7 p.m. and by the time I went to look for it at 10 p.m., it was gone. Overall, in the past 48 hours I've gone from about 100 recordings to 38, yet my available percentage dropped from roughly 8 hours/20 percent to 5 hours/12 percent despite all the cleared out space & nothing older than 4/1 now. Only 10 of those 62 deleted programs were done by me.

Bright House is sounding mighty appealing between this and the neighborhood-wide service issues from two months ago when we had no TV/Internet for 48 hours.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Finally got a fix, but not an explanation. With no changes from when it was 5 hours/12 percent available when I went to bed, I woke up to find 112 MINUTES/5 percent available this morning with just 38 recordings (mostly all 30min SD shows) of my original 105ish. Called AT&T, they rebooted my DVR manually & now I suddenly have 28 hours/75 percent available. Not getting back the 65 shows or so that were deleted. Aside from the tech person not understanding my English completely, they didn't have an answer for what caused the problem. Consequently, no idea on how to prevent it in the future.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We are having the same issue. Cleared our dvr before leaving for vacation only to come back and have tons deleted. A show was recorded tonight, went to watch it and it's gone. We also rarely use more than one tv at a time. Would appreciate a fix for this before I get so mad we leave altogether. We just resolved months of pausing and freezing for weeks on end.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T sucks!  The DVR delected about 30 of my old shows.  We had plenty of space on our DVR.  AT&T did something to it's customers and there's nothing we can do about it.  Apologies do not help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Same is happening with ours. Everyday deletes shows.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Same is happening with ours. Everyday deletes shows.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.