Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 2, 2013
7:20:47 PM
View profile
Using Belkin @TV to Access DVR Recordings

I purchased a Belkin @TV box at Costco to view live TV and aceess my DVR recordings from my laptop. After following the installation instructions, I am able to watch live TV but have not been able to figure out how to access my DVR recordings. My set top box is a Motorola VIP 2250. Anyone figure this out? Belkin customer service is a joke!

Thanks,

Mordi

I purchased a Belkin @TV box at Costco to view live TV and aceess my DVR recordings from my laptop. After following the installation instructions, I am able to watch live TV but have not been able to figure out how to access my DVR recordings. My set top box is a Motorola VIP 2250. Anyone figure this out? Belkin customer service is a joke!

Thanks,

Mordi

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 3, 2013 4:17:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Mordi - Is your problem that there is no recorded TV on the Belkin remote? THe U-verse recorded TV button is the same as channel 9999. So, you can use the Belkin remote to get to the recorded TV list by entering channel 9999. Then use the arrows & OK button to select your recording to play.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Using Belkin @TV to Access DVR Recordings

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2013 8:12:42 PM
(0)
Professor
There is a whole community dedicated to this device at https://getsatisfaction.com/mytveverywherecommunity User guide at http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=7497 Appears that both can answer your question regarding how to make it work.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
There is a whole community dedicated to this device at https://getsatisfaction.com/mytveverywherecommunity User guide at http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=7497 Appears that both can answer your question regarding how to make it work.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Using Belkin @TV to Access DVR Recordings

2 of 5 (1,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 3, 2013 4:17:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Mordi - Is your problem that there is no recorded TV on the Belkin remote? THe U-verse recorded TV button is the same as channel 9999. So, you can use the Belkin remote to get to the recorded TV list by entering channel 9999. Then use the arrows & OK button to select your recording to play.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (1,928 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 11:16:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ace-Wizard,

Wow - You are a genius! Thanks a million for this tip!

- it worked and I was able to access the dvr recordings.

I also found a remote that looks the same as the Uverse remote.

I am ckecking out the remote right now and it appears that the stop button is not operating - so I am curently trying to figure out how to stop the recorded show.

More later,

Mordi

Ace-Wizard,

Wow - You are a genius! Thanks a million for this tip!

- it worked and I was able to access the dvr recordings.

I also found a remote that looks the same as the Uverse remote.

I am ckecking out the remote right now and it appears that the stop button is not operating - so I am curently trying to figure out how to stop the recorded show.

More later,

Mordi

4 of 5 (1,892 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 11:28:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:40:48 AM

Mordi - Great!
I was looking at reviews etc & saw that you are supposed to be able to match the remote of the targey system - i.e. the u-verse remote. But, a slingbox user just posted that the recorded TV button is not working. I offered him the same suggestion.

Are you talking the stop button or the pause button? The stop button should give you a menu.

Think of the recorded TV as a channel (9999).
You can stop the recording by changing the channel - chan up/down, any channel number, last button. THe problem is when you go back to it you will play the recording from where you left off. Try the menu button to get to the recorded TV list,

I do not understand why some buttons do not function.

Edit - The menu button works to get to the recording list when a recording is "stopped" by going to a different channel.

Also. I put 9999 in my favorites. When I call up the favorites guide channel 9999 shows the name of the show that is "stopped".

Mordi - Great!
I was looking at reviews etc & saw that you are supposed to be able to match the remote of the targey system - i.e. the u-verse remote. But, a slingbox user just posted that the recorded TV button is not working. I offered him the same suggestion.

Are you talking the stop button or the pause button? The stop button should give you a menu.

Think of the recorded TV as a channel (9999).
You can stop the recording by changing the channel - chan up/down, any channel number, last button. THe problem is when you go back to it you will play the recording from where you left off. Try the menu button to get to the recorded TV list,

I do not understand why some buttons do not function.

Edit - The menu button works to get to the recording list when a recording is "stopped" by going to a different channel.

Also. I put 9999 in my favorites. When I call up the favorites guide channel 9999 shows the name of the show that is "stopped".

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (1,886 Views)