For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
JesterJr's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 9:32 PM

Upgrade to new 2250 model DVR - Need Instructions

I've been a Uverse customer for a bunch of years and have the U450 service with all the bells and whistles.  Except I have the very old model VIP 1216 DVR with 160GB storage.  Can anyone provide me with a link to some instructions on how to upgrade to the 2250?  I tried to call customer service once and do the upgrade but what I got in the mail was the exact VIP1216 model I already have.  Customer service then told me I can't specificially request an upgrade and what I get via UPS is whatever the warehouse guy pulls off the shelf.  Does anyone have a link or know the right vocabulary for me to use to get an actual DVR upgrade?  Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

OOPs How soon I forget. Thanks for the correction.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The audio cutout problem was eliminated on September 19th when a U-verse tech replaced our original VIP1216 DVR with a Motorola VIP2250 DVR.  Immediately after setting the new DVR to Surround Sound under the Digital Audio menu setting, the U-verse channels that had experienced audio cutout (Ion, Golf, some late night TBS and TNT "old" TV shoes, QVC, etc.) no longer had the cutout.

The tech was dispatched by one of the two AT&T support folks that we had a live chat with on AT&T support's website.   While the on-line support representatives favored solutions other than a hardware exchange, they were accommodating and suggested that a tech would be needed to examine our system setup, which he did.   The on-site tech suggested that switching our connectivity from the DVR to the Onkyo AV Receiver from HDMI to component cable should solve the audio cutout problem, but we didn't desire to dumb-down our home theater system's capabilities by bypassing the Onkyo's robust HDMI switching capabilities or to revert to an undesired digital - analog - digital conversion process.   He agreed to replace the VIP1216 with a newer generation DVR, and as indicated above, the swap eliminated the problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My VIP1225 is showing the red X with a "1". I went through the online self-help support and it said I needed a replacement unit (the HD won't spin up anymore).

Unfortunately, the replacement is supposed to be a VIP1225. Given the many years I've been an ATT U-Verse customer (10+), I really would like to get the VIP2250 (I care more about the better picture and sound quality - the extra space is an added benefit).

Can someone please help me get the upgrade to the VIP2250.

Thank you!

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

Even the 2250 is behind the times with 500 gb capacity.  All of Uverse's competitors have had 1 TB capacity for a few years now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Trying to upvrade to the 2250 as well. Called to do so and att sent the same 1200 i already have. Need to match up with my new smart tv.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.