Snkashley's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014 4:53 AM

U-verse and multiply Tvs

I just u verse today and we have 4 Tvs . I had no idea there was no way to be watching all the Tvs and record at the same time. So either 2 or more Tvs have to be on the same channel or you can not record. Called customer service and was told that was right you could only do 4 different things at one time.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

What is your profile? 

Menu>Options>System Options>System Information>System Resources

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Please post all info from your System Resources page

Streams?  WAN?  Ingress?  Bandwidth?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Streams 0 sd/4 hd. Wan 0 sd/ 4 hd. Ingress
Bandgwidth cap 31947200 wan same ingess
Egress profile 200000000 0 sd 3 hd
Then memory info

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I understand that but here is the problem if I have 4 ppl watching tv and some one has set a recording during the same time One tv gets interrupted. Yes I pd the extra 10. This is the same rather we are watching an hd or sd channels

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Snkashley - Yes, that is caused by the limit of four streams coming into the house. The only thing you can do is try to watch more recordings. I know you still need to record them, but you can move some recordings when the show is repeated during the night & you can see & resolve conflicts earlier. The live/surprise resolution process is not very good.

I suppose if everyone starts watching recordings, you will run into conflict with that max. U-verse is really a problem for high usage families. It does require a great deal  of coordination & is not a casual thing. Is it possible to off load any casual watching to Over the air?

Other than that, you can only wait for tech improvements to bring more streams into the house or change to another provider.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I was looking at other posts. .I found one 3 yrs old. You think by now they would have a better resolution.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Snkashley wrote:
I was looking at other posts. .I found one 3 yrs old. You think by now they would have a better resolution.

Actually the 4 HD streams is the last upgrade and that was maybe 2 years ago.  The one caveat is that one of the HD streams MUST be on a STB if the other 3 are being used. 

That's why it's smart to have a STB on the most watched TV and the DVR on the least used.

I can record 3 HD streams and DH can still watch football on the 60" in the LR.  Still a 4 HD stream limit.  Workable for us but maybe not right for everyone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.