Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 8, 2009
11:01:31 PM
Total home DVR Phase 2
i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray
i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray

Total home DVR Phase 2

447 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(447)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2009 11:08:33 PM
(0)
Explorer
Yep. got it here in Leander, TX as well. :smileyvery-happy:
Yep. got it here in Leander, TX as well. :smileyvery-happy:

Re: Total home DVR Phase 2

2 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 5:06:07 AM
(0)
Scholar
Please let us know what else you discover.
Please let us know what else you discover.

3 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 5:17:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Not working in San Antonio, TX.  YET!!:smileysad:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Not working in San Antonio, TX.  YET!!:smileysad:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 6:23:30 AM
(0)
Teacher
How do you know when you get an update? I can't do that on mine yet. I'm in Connecticut.
How do you know when you get an update? I can't do that on mine yet. I'm in Connecticut.

5 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 6:38:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

Here is what I know so far.  I happened to be up when this update hit here last night.

Got a nice screen that said "Hello" then it went back to normal.

The guide is different.  Looks 'cleaner' if you will.  You can now also go 'back' and get on the channel name, press ok, and it will bring up a listing of what is coming on for that one channel for the day.

You can erase DVR recordings from any STB in the house now.  But, you still can only pause live TV from the main DVR.  I believe the ability to pause from all TV's will be rolled out as part of THDVR Phase 3.

Media Share is not part of this update.....yet.  From what my insiders tell me, the Austin/Central Texas UVerse market should see media share no later then 6/23 of this month.

Thats all I have seen so far.  Not sure when this will be rolled out to other areas yet.

Message Edited by txskeets on 06-09-2009 06:39 AM

Here is what I know so far.  I happened to be up when this update hit here last night.

The guide is different.  Looks 'cleaner' if you will.  You can now also go 'back' and get on the channel name, press ok, and it will bring up a listing of what is coming on for that one channel for the day.

You can erase DVR recordings from any STB in the house now.  But, you still can only pause live TV from the main DVR.  I believe the ability to pause from all TV's will be rolled out as part of THDVR Phase 3.

Media Share is not part of this update.....yet.  From what my insiders tell me, the Austin/Central Texas UVerse market should see media share no later then 6/23 of this month.

Thats all I have seen so far.  Not sure when this will be rolled out to other areas yet.

6 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 8:49:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Screen shots, show us some screen shots.
Screen shots, show us some screen shots.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 10:04:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Good info txskeets!  Yes I also would like to see screenshots but I wouldn't even know how to upload them.

I'm in Indy, IIRC it was about 3-4 weeks (is that right?) before we saw the initial/Phase 1 rollout.  Can someone correct me on that?

Good info txskeets!  Yes I also would like to see screenshots but I wouldn't even know how to upload them.

I'm in Indy, IIRC it was about 3-4 weeks (is that right?) before we saw the initial/Phase 1 rollout.  Can someone correct me on that?

8 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 10:17:43 AM
(0)
Expert

Lost TOTAL sync on EVERYTHING here, TWICE within 10 min. BUT NOTHING. :smileysad:

Must be working on something here. :smileywink:

Lost TOTAL sync on EVERYTHING here, TWICE within 10 min. BUT NOTHING. :smileysad:

Must be working on something here. :smileywink:

9 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 10:53:57 AM
(0)
Master

did the firmware change as well ?   (would think so )

now hopefully it also addressed other issues  aka  sound drops etc

randy

randy

10 of 448 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 10:56:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Anyone outside of Texas get this update yet? 

Anyone outside of Texas get this update yet? 

11 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 11:09:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

txskeets wrote:

As to the guide, you could do that for a few months click on the channel and get the whole day's listings (and much more, prob all 14 days, but I  didn't want to do all that clicking-got 3 days ahead).  There was rumored by the techs at uversuers.com that there would be a totally 'new' guide w/the phase 2 download, as others have posted, a screenshot would be nice. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO

txskeets wrote:

As to the guide, you could do that for a few months click on the channel and get the whole day's listings (and much more, prob all 14 days, but I  didn't want to do all that clicking-got 3 days ahead).  There was rumored by the techs at uversuers.com that there would be a totally 'new' guide w/the phase 2 download, as others have posted, a screenshot would be nice. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO

12 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 11:09:46 AM
(0)
Expert
Haven't been keeping up, but mine shows 1.6.5686.1
Chris--Would glady send a screenshot if I had the update! :smileysad:

randyl wrote:

randy

Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-09-2009 01:12 PM
Haven't been keeping up, but mine shows 1.6.5686.1
Chris--Would glady send a screenshot if I had the update! :smileysad:

randyl wrote:

randy

Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-09-2009 01:12 PM

13 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 11:12:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

spd, that's the firmware from phase 1, still have it here in metro Detroit. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO

spd, that's the firmware from phase 1, still have it here in metro Detroit. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO

14 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 11:14:09 AM
(0)
Expert
OK, thanks...figured as much since we don't have new features. :smileysad:
OK, thanks...figured as much since we don't have new features. :smileysad:

15 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 12:00:04 PM
(0)
Professor
Nothing here in Oklahoma yet.
Nothing here in Oklahoma yet.

16 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 1:23:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Hopefully more people will come in and post that they have phase 2 along with at least one screen shot.  Of course I don't know if the screen will look any different than the one on the dvr.  Oh well, patience patience patience.
Hopefully more people will come in and post that they have phase 2 along with at least one screen shot.  Of course I don't know if the screen will look any different than the one on the dvr.  Oh well, patience patience patience.

17 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 2:33:44 PM
(0)
Mentor
Ok my version is 1.6.25075.1 and I now know how many boxes are connected to the RG
Ok my version is 1.6.25075.1 and I now know how many boxes are connected to the RG

18 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 2:34:54 PM
(0)
Mentor

Oh and it looks better medium blue, and not as ugly as before.

Oh and it looks better medium blue, and not as ugly as before.

19 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 3:01:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

I will try to post some screens when I get back home.  I had to head into San Antonio for the next couple of days where they dont have this update yet.  Interesting.  Is the Austin area the only area to get this so far?

I will try to post some screens when I get back home.  I had to head into San Antonio for the next couple of days where they dont have this update yet.  Interesting.  Is the Austin area the only area to get this so far?

20 of 448 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 3:43:21 PM
(0)
Employee
Just Austin area VHO.
Just Austin area VHO.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

21 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 8:16:23 PM
(0)
Guru

Escapee wrote:
Just Austin area VHO.

Sadly, but yes...Hope they distribute the update soon. Im so excited. Although we still cant fast forward,rewind, pause, etc Live TV (phase 3), its another step forward into having a totally whole home DVR functionality which will definitely improve the U-verse experience.

The IPTV client version should be 1.6.3.3 now.

To see if your TV has the updated client version of Phase 2. Check system information in your Menu:

•  If “System Info” shows 1.6.5686.1, then the receiver has the old or current 1.6.1.3 client.
  •  If “System Options” shows 1.6.25075.1, then the receiver has the new 1.6.3.3 client. (Phase 2) 

If you are in Austin but still not getting the Phase 2,  reboot your STB. If still not getting an update call 888-332-7597 to have AT&T do a soft update push to your STB to get the Phase 2 update. 

Happy viewing!

Escapee wrote:
Just Austin area VHO.

Sadly, but yes...Hope they distribute the update soon. Im so excited. Although we still cant fast forward,rewind, pause, etc Live TV (phase 3), its another step forward into having a totally whole home DVR functionality which will definitely improve the U-verse experience.

The IPTV client version should be 1.6.3.3 now.

To see if your TV has the updated client version of Phase 2. Check system information in your Menu:

•  If “System Info” shows 1.6.5686.1, then the receiver has the old or current 1.6.1.3 client.
  •  If “System Options” shows 1.6.25075.1, then the receiver has the new 1.6.3.3 client. (Phase 2) 

If you are in Austin but still not getting the Phase 2,  reboot your STB. If still not getting an update call 888-332-7597 to have AT&T do a soft update push to your STB to get the Phase 2 update. 

Happy viewing!

22 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 10:08:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
Hopefully it expands nationwide soon.
Hopefully it expands nationwide soon.

23 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 3:40:02 AM
(0)
Employee
Running tests in small area to see what problems are in release that do not show up in lab testing conditions. So if you do not have it yet have patience.
Running tests in small area to see what problems are in release that do not show up in lab testing conditions. So if you do not have it yet have patience.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

24 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 3:44:04 AM
(0)
Expert
That's why Houston is never picked, we are full of problems. :smileyvery-happy:
That's why Houston is never picked, we are full of problems. :smileyvery-happy:

25 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 7:35:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
Nothing here in Round Rock yet.
Nothing here in Round Rock yet.

26 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 8:49:45 AM
(0)
Scholar
Here in DFW, no THDVR p2 as of 730a 6/10.  Had some sort of DVR update after a reboot, but did not enable remote dvr function. 
Here in DFW, no THDVR p2 as of 730a 6/10.  Had some sort of DVR update after a reboot, but did not enable remote dvr function. 

27 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 10:43:29 AM
(0)
Professor
You all can put the "salt shakers" away for now. Everybody should have it by the Fourth.
You all can put the "salt shakers" away for now. Everybody should have it by the Fourth.

28 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 11:36:01 AM
(0)
Guru
As usual ATT SF Bay area will probably be the last market to get THDVR Phase 2 update.
As usual ATT SF Bay area will probably be the last market to get THDVR Phase 2 update.
Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

29 of 448 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 3:40:46 PM
(0)
Employee

siouxmoux wrote:

Ye of little faith.

siouxmoux wrote:

Ye of little faith.

30 of 448 (634 Views)