Rockingkitty's profile

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 6:01 AM

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

15 years ago

I got phase 2 of thdvr last night at 10:15pm est on the west side of Detroit.  It is cool how you get the VOD logo on channel 1.  The pip box looks to be a little larger and the last button switches the pip screen between the last two channels you viewed.  Although I think it did that before the update.  Everything seems to be working just fine.  I didn't have to do a reboot of the stbs, although they could have done it on their own.  Good job ATT making progress on this service.  It might be very slow progress for some, but I'll take slow progress over no progress any day.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

15 years ago

camp80 wrote:
5.1 does not work for me on my Moto box. I received the update, and have the digital audio set to surround, but nothing comes out of the hdtv.

If you have the Digital Audio setting to surround (i.e. you have that menu and that selection is available) then you already have the hotfix.

Please see this thread for the most likely explanation of your problem.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

@lnoland wrote:
DVR and STB's updated with Phase2 last night here in Conway, Arkansas - part of Little Rock Market

Guess it's like a tornado in Arkansas too--still no Phase 2 here in Little Rock proper.

Scholar

• 

264 Messages

15 years ago

Well, the saga continues. As I reported yesterday, St. Louis is rolling out THDVR but my DVR box went into constant reboot mode after loading the update (it never completed, then rebooted and started over). So after an hour on the phone with support last night they sent out a tech with a new DVR. As a bonus, I got one with the bigger hard drive. Yea! But, of course, I lose all of my recordings on the DVR (boo!). But the new DVR refuses to get the latest update (boo boo!). So after another 30 minutes on the phone with support, they tell me they will have to replace the DVR again (boo boo boo!). So I get to spend another 4+ hours waiting for AT&T at my home.

So I still don't really have THDVR phase II. And their new support line with all the automated crap (10+ minutes last night) before I get to speak to a human is another AT&T waste of time. I mean, they "automate" checking the line but then when I talk to a human, they put me on hold for 1-2 minutes while they "check the line." And then, tonight, the nice lady repeated everything the other nice lady did last night. Everything is "fine" they keep telling me but two DVRs won't take the update (and one is supposed to be brand new).

I've complained about the lousy quality of AT&T's equipment, before but it is just crazy. I'll be on my fifth DVR, I've had two STBs fry and two RGs in 18 months of service. I know many of you will want to write how you've had no such problems, but if I average one failure every three months, there is no way I can believe that I am an anomoly and that nobody else has these problems. Ugh...

So much for "you'll be glad you waited for you want AT&T to test things before updating so you don't have any problems." 

Scholar

• 

158 Messages

15 years ago

@dzar wrote:

I've complained about the lousy quality of AT&T's equipment, before but it is just crazy. I'll be on my fifth DVR, I've had two STBs fry and two RGs in 18 months of service. I know many of you will want to write how you've had no such problems, but if I average one failure every three months, there is no way I can believe that I am an anomoly and that nobody else has these problems. Ugh...

So much for "you'll be glad you waited for you want AT&T to test things before updating so you don't have any problems." 

Have you checked your house electrical system? While I can see a couple of bad pieces of equipment you are either really really unlucky or you have internal power issues that are killing equipment. I think I had one bad STB when they did the install, they swapped it and my equipment has been solid.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

15 years ago

Just got the HOTFIX here in St Louis (63141).

Will report back if 5.1 works over HDMI now with the MOTO box, or if optical cable is still needed.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

15 years ago

5.1 works over HDMI now, no more optical cable needed.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

15 years ago

I got phase 2 here in Fresno, Ca. It is now live.

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

15 years ago

5.1 does not work for everyone over HDMI. Waiting for someone to give me an good answer as to why. My TV is a 42" Vizio 1080P. It worked 5.1 with HDMI when I had Direct TV, then worked with Optical for AT&T. Now the only way is to run through the home theater. I was hopeing that would not be the case.

Scholar

• 

264 Messages

15 years ago

@fl_cyclist wrote:

@dzar wrote:

Have you checked your house electrical system? While I can see a couple of bad pieces of equipment you are either really really unlucky or you have internal power issues that are killing equipment. I think I had one bad STB when they did the install, they swapped it and my equipment has been solid.

Everything is not only on a surge protector, but on a UPS, also. And it's fed from the AT&T DC supply wich *should* block most transients so the boxes never see them (at least that's how I design my external bricks). And I don't lose anything in my home except the junk AT&T provides (exceuse me, the very fine, sensitive equipment). And it's not fried... it works, kinda. And I lose AT&T equipment from various locations in my home. 

Finally, what part of my crummy electrical system could explain why the brand new box refuses to obtain the update? It failed wile the installer was here. I know you're trying to help, but this doesn't make much sense once you think about it for a minute.

I'm really, really unlucky, it seems (and gettin greally angry and spending another half day off work while I wait for the AT&T truck to roll up).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.