Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 8, 2009
11:01:31 PM
Total home DVR Phase 2
i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray
i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray

Total home DVR Phase 2

447 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(447)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 7:47:59 AM
(0)
Professor
How are the upgrades sent?
How are the upgrades sent?

Re: Total home DVR Phase 2

211 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 11:41:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am in 60510 (Batavia, IL). Just got U-verse. Still looks like Phase 1 here. Any ideas on when P2 hits? How about P3? Would love to have pause/rewind live TV like I did w/Dish!

I am in 60510 (Batavia, IL). Just got U-verse. Still looks like Phase 1 here. Any ideas on when P2 hits? How about P3? Would love to have pause/rewind live TV like I did w/Dish!

212 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 12:27:35 PM
(0)
Expert
Someone on UU thinks they're getting it now in OK.

213 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 1:14:27 PM
(0)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

But it may just be doing the normal disaster recovery process... We'll see...

spd2demun wrote:

But it may just be doing the normal disaster recovery process... We'll see...

214 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 1:27:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
It would be cool if we got it here in Mich today, but I've waited this long I can survive a few more days.  I'm just glad to hear its rolling out in the first place.
It would be cool if we got it here in Mich today, but I've waited this long I can survive a few more days.  I'm just glad to hear its rolling out in the first place.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

215 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 3:58:13 PM
(0)
Expert
Can't correct my last post, but I was looking at the wrong thread on UU. :smileysad:
Can't correct my last post, but I was looking at the wrong thread on UU. :smileysad:

216 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 4:12:36 PM
(0)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

I have a feeling we'll get it anywhere between late Thursday night-early Saturday morning.

RCSMG wrote:

I have a feeling we'll get it anywhere between late Thursday night-early Saturday morning.

217 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 5:05:15 PM
(0)
Guru

People should be constantly vigilant on what the service is lacking... Like 5.1 surround sound and the Media Share issues. Not only they are adding recording functionality to the regular receivers, the update also includes fixes on some issue that are usually tackled heavily on forums about U-verse.

It may be too early, but AT&T will soon be gathering data from customers about what is next to be added for Phase 3. But adding new channels to the lineup is another thing...

People should be constantly vigilant on what the service is lacking... Like 5.1 surround sound and the Media Share issues. Not only they are adding recording functionality to the regular receivers, the update also includes fixes on some issue that are usually tackled heavily on forums about U-verse.

It may be too early, but AT&T will soon be gathering data from customers about what is next to be added for Phase 3. But adding new channels to the lineup is another thing...

218 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 6:21:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
The update is out here in McKinney, TX 75071.
The update is out here in McKinney, TX 75071.

219 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 6:38:47 PM
(0)
Guru
*Two Thumbs Up*
*Two Thumbs Up*

220 of 448 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 10:45:37 PM
(0)
Guru
I just read on a site that Detroit area will get the update today(29th) at the earliest or by Thursday(2nd) at the latest.
I just read on a site that Detroit area will get the update today(29th) at the earliest or by Thursday(2nd) at the latest.

221 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 11:07:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
The update just came down the Pipe here in Green Bay, WI.  Looks pretty nice so far.  I was able to switch the Digital Audio selection immediately over to Surround and we've got 5.1 over HDMI now.  I'll play more tomorrow. 
The update just came down the Pipe here in Green Bay, WI.  Looks pretty nice so far.  I was able to switch the Digital Audio selection immediately over to Surround and we've got 5.1 over HDMI now.  I'll play more tomorrow. 

222 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 4:27:26 AM
(0)
Explorer
Phase 2 is on this morning in Indianapolis.  New Guide setup too.  Very cool!
Phase 2 is on this morning in Indianapolis.  New Guide setup too.  Very cool!

223 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 7:51:22 AM
(0)
Teacher
What I wonder is, why is AT&T stretching out the updates (Phase 1, 2, & 3).  I know that if they can do one, they could have done all of them at once.  If the Equipment is capable of handling it (it must be or they couldn't do ANY upgrades with downloads), and the Coders know what they are doing, why does AT&T have to act like they have Apple's management, and create so much drama over a long period of time.  I would think they would want to do it as soon as possible in order to attract the most customers away from competetors.  But, people probably don't pay real close attention to the advertisements before converting.  After all, some here didn't find these features were not available until after they subscribed.
What I wonder is, why is AT&T stretching out the updates (Phase 1, 2, & 3).  I know that if they can do one, they could have done all of them at once.  If the Equipment is capable of handling it (it must be or they couldn't do ANY upgrades with downloads), and the Coders know what they are doing, why does AT&T have to act like they have Apple's management, and create so much drama over a long period of time.  I would think they would want to do it as soon as possible in order to attract the most customers away from competetors.  But, people probably don't pay real close attention to the advertisements before converting.  After all, some here didn't find these features were not available until after they subscribed.

224 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 8:16:58 AM
(0)
Expert

Because the whole system will explode (crash).  They tried a major years ago all on the same day to everyone, and brought everything to a halt!  Some big football game on as well, if I recall...no Internet or TV.

Believe me, YOU don't want a repeat of that! :smileywink:

Because the whole system will explode (crash).  They tried a major years ago all on the same day to everyone, and brought everything to a halt!  Some big football game on as well, if I recall...no Internet or TV.

Believe me, YOU don't want a repeat of that! :smileywink:

225 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 8:54:58 AM
(0)
Mentor

Hello people,

Brand new (2 weeks) UVERSE customer here in SA, TX.  I got the phase II update w/new guides and abilities on the 2 STB we have about 5 days ago, but as of this a.m.  STILL nothing with the surround sound menus.  From reading here & other forums the dd 5.1 should take about anther 24 hrs to kick in, but 6 days later and still nothing!!  Is this an issue I should call tier1 or 2 about or just keep waiting??  Thanks very much and this is a wonderful forum for us newbs.  Robert G

Hello people,

Brand new (2 weeks) UVERSE customer here in SA, TX.  I got the phase II update w/new guides and abilities on the 2 STB we have about 5 days ago, but as of this a.m.  STILL nothing with the surround sound menus.  From reading here & other forums the dd 5.1 should take about anther 24 hrs to kick in, but 6 days later and still nothing!!  Is this an issue I should call tier1 or 2 about or just keep waiting??  Thanks very much and this is a wonderful forum for us newbs.  Robert G

226 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 9:01:15 AM
(0)
Expert

Welcome to UT and UV. :smileywink:

I'd wait as it will come.  Best advice, hang out here and you'll HEAR immediately as people start posting when they get the rest.

Welcome to UT and UV. :smileywink:

I'd wait as it will come.  Best advice, hang out here and you'll HEAR immediately as people start posting when they get the rest.

227 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 9:13:16 AM
(0)
Mentor
Thanx for the quick reply demund...Funny, I was actually waiting for a tech to pick up the phone while I was typing and once connected, I explained what I was looking for and she didn't even have a clue about ANY updates at all.  I was like "thank you" and just hung up...Cheers.
Thanx for the quick reply demund...Funny, I was actually waiting for a tech to pick up the phone while I was typing and once connected, I explained what I was looking for and she didn't even have a clue about ANY updates at all.  I was like "thank you" and just hung up...Cheers.

228 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 9:17:59 AM
(0)
Expert
Yeah, best source of info is here...people let you know right away when they see something new!
Yeah, best source of info is here...people let you know right away when they see something new!

229 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 9:34:50 AM
(0)
Mentor
Well, more new news for me...While I was on the phone earlier, the girl must have tried to push it through, I went downstairs to my main box and turned on the tv and had the "gears" showing.  After waiting about 10 mins, restarted and BAM, there it is under the menu options.  Yeah for me...Thanx again.  Robert
Well, more new news for me...While I was on the phone earlier, the girl must have tried to push it through, I went downstairs to my main box and turned on the tv and had the "gears" showing.  After waiting about 10 mins, restarted and BAM, there it is under the menu options.  Yeah for me...Thanx again.  Robert

230 of 448 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 10:09:42 AM
(0)
Guru

bdgriff wrote:

You mean the surround sound function? Good for you... It usually comes in after a while, just after getting the new guide and recording feature part of the update.

bdgriff wrote:

You mean the surround sound function? Good for you... It usually comes in after a while, just after getting the new guide and recording feature part of the update.

231 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 4:47:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
Phase 2 is here in Trumbull CT.  It was waiting for me when I got home.
Phase 2 is here in Trumbull CT.  It was waiting for me when I got home.

232 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 4:53:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yeah, I knew I had to have a little patience, but 6 days was starting to make me nervous after ALL the issues I've had with customer service and 20 phone calls later trying to get my old phone number from Time warner ported over.  It was nice to get some direct help today from Tier 2.

Yeah, I knew I had to have a little patience, but 6 days was starting to make me nervous after ALL the issues I've had with customer service and 20 phone calls later trying to get my old phone number from Time warner ported over.  It was nice to get some direct help today from Tier 2.

233 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 6:41:43 PM
(0)
Tutor
Where in Indy?  I'm on the far westside of the county and don't have it. 

234 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 7:17:41 PM
(0)
Professor

lmlanning wrote:

BELIEVE ME, WHEN UPDATES COMEto a certain area, not everybody in that area gets it on the same day/night. There were people in towns right next to me who were getting phas1 back in september , one and two nights before i got it.

lmlanning wrote:

BELIEVE ME, WHEN UPDATES COMEto a certain area, not everybody in that area gets it on the same day/night. There were people in towns right next to me who were getting phas1 back in september , one and two nights before i got it.

235 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 7:39:59 PM
(0)
Guru

Scooterman1 wrote:

I'm as anxious as the next customer but... You've got to have faith in this Company. I believe they know how to handle an update. Not creating drama. IMHO :smileywink: At least it's in Wisconsin now. Packerland (G.B.) Now if it would just work south....

Scooterman1 wrote:

I'm as anxious as the next customer but... You've got to have faith in this Company. I believe they know how to handle an update. Not creating drama. IMHO :smileywink: At least it's in Wisconsin now. Packerland (G.B.) Now if it would just work south....

236 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 8:51:29 PM
(0)
Guru
i hope it comes to detorit soon
i hope it comes to detorit soon

237 of 448 (167 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 9:07:39 PM
(0)
Scholar
Still nothing here in St. Louis.  :smileysad:
Still nothing here in St. Louis.  :smileysad:

238 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 10:11:10 PM
(0)
Tutor
Literally updating right now in West St. Louis County (Ellisville).  My daughter came in and said "There's an update for our tv?" and I rolled over and hit "OK".  7% complete.
Literally updating right now in West St. Louis County (Ellisville).  My daughter came in and said "There's an update for our tv?" and I rolled over and hit "OK".  7% complete.

239 of 448 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2009 10:13:10 PM
(0)
Mentor
Nothing here in Reno yet... :smileysad:
Nothing here in Reno yet... :smileysad:

240 of 448 (167 Views)