Margee53089's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 17th, 2016 9:42 PM

Taping shows before they start

There are a lot of new shows starting soon and I can't figure out how to tape them. I go into the search mode and they don't show up. I suppose I can write them all down and set them up to tape when they start but that seems ridiculous

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

You need to wait about two weeks before that show airs in order for it to show up on the guide. Once it shows up, it's a simple matter of pressing the "record" button on the remote.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

So you have to scroll all around through the guide? Seems like a pain

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

The DVR relies on the information provided by the guide (start time/stop time/channel/length of program). The guide gives you a 14 day (two week) window. 

If it's not on the guide, the DVR doesn't have the necessary information to record that program.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Margee53089 - RE: So you have to scroll all around through the guide? Seems like a pain

No, You can use the search mode when the show is entered in the library that is accessed by both the guide & search.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Margee53089   I find it easier to bring up the Guide to 8:30pm at the left, can see upto 10:30pm, then scroll down to all the channels I want to.  Then push FF to next day in the Guide and scroll up.  Channel up/down will scroll up/down a page at a time.

Just continue doing this until you reach end of the Guide.  I think this is better than searching for things and might find other things you want to watch.  Don't forget to setup Series for ones you want to.  Smiley Very Happy

Edit:  Actually went through ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox and made note of programs I might be interested in and dates and times if listed.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

I once heard that the "series record" isn't as good as some users like. Personally, I prefer to set up individual recordings.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Holy frijoles...If I had to set up every recording and NOT use the 'series record' option I would be S O L. 

Currently, I have 53 many series listed under 'series record'.  The only issue I've ever had is if the title changes (ie: Survivor), the DVR won't recognize the new version of an established show.  Some are old (I guess I need to do some housekeeping) but most are current. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

I once heard that the "series record" isn't as good as some users like. Personally, I prefer to set up individual recordings.

@baseballisback   Generally Series will automatically pick up an hour or two change, a new day on same channel, especially if 1st run anytime, any day.

I Series record NYPD Blue on 1599 Audience channel.  Sometimes the Fri one does not run for whatever reason, it'll pick up the Fri episode from the Sun weekly run of past week.  One week it was the Wed episode too, Fri was on Fri.

People don't like it when trying marathon recording/watching, won't do it.  Or watching kids programs, mulltiple showings of a daily show, won't do it.  I just tell them to browse and press Record.

I didn't use Series recording at first cause ATT took away OADs, so who knows what was 'new' and the DVR thought everything was new.  Luckilly they finally got OADs back, but still today I get ones that are repeats (no OAD), but chosen as 'new'.  Usually appear back half of 2d wk on Guide and erase them. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Day 1 using Uverse and already annoyed with this exact problem...2 years after post. FYI-on Directv you can select shows to record future seasons. As a newbie here, i took screenshots of all of my shows that were set to record on my Directv dvr. I wanted to go into uverse DVR and set all the shows to record. Now, after reading all your helpful input, I will have to enter titles, see if they’re within a 2 week window, and set them to record. All the shows that are not going to show in next 2 weeks I will have to wait until they’re on (or diligently research all start dates) or likely miss episodes because I will not know they’ve started until I happen upon a rerun. 

Anyhow, just a gripe. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.