Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Nov 29, 2012
7:03:17 AM
View profile
Scheduled record time is off

I've noticed a problem with my DVR record timer for awhile.  It seems to start the recordings a minute or two ahead of schedule and runs over time from about 1 to 3 minutes.  At least it isn't clipping any programs short, but it's annoying to have to fast forward through the first 1-3 minutes of a recording because the previously recorded show (if recorded back to back) is at the beginning.  Is there any way to get the DVR's internal clock back in sync with the real-time program schedules?

I've noticed a problem with my DVR record timer for awhile.  It seems to start the recordings a minute or two ahead of schedule and runs over time from about 1 to 3 minutes.  At least it isn't clipping any programs short, but it's annoying to have to fast forward through the first 1-3 minutes of a recording because the previously recorded show (if recorded back to back) is at the beginning.  Is there any way to get the DVR's internal clock back in sync with the real-time program schedules?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 29, 2012 7:14:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's not 'off'. 

It's called 'soft padding' and it's how the Uverse DVR works.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Scheduled record time is off

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 29, 2012 7:14:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's not 'off'. 

It's not 'off'. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Scheduled record time is off

2 of 4 (983 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2012 7:34:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It was the same with DIsh, Direct and TWC.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

It was the same with DIsh, Direct and TWC.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

3 of 4 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2012 8:45:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This is a "feature" to cover for when the content provider starts the show early or late compared to the clock on the DVR.  There is nothing wrong with your set. Smiley Happy

This is a "feature" to cover for when the content provider starts the show early or late compared to the clock on the DVR.  There is nothing wrong with your set. Smiley Happy

4 of 4 (962 Views)