pistorin's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, August 4th, 2014 12:42 AM

Recording list unavailable

Hello. I've been using my system with no problems for a few months now. Yesterday, out of the blue, the DVR became unavailable from my wireless receiver. It's happened a few times before and it was easily solved by rebooting the wireless receiver. This time nothing seems to help. I've rebooted the receiver, the DVR, the network access point. Nothing works! 
I can see the upcoming recordings on the DVR menu, but nothing already recorded shows up.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Ok. I unplugged router, DVR and WAP. Plugged in router first and let it do its thing. Once all lights were green, I plugged in the DVR and waited. After that, I plugged in the WAP. I am still unable to see the DVR listings in my wireless receivers. Any other options?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Is the RG the router?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, RG is router/modem

If you have COAX wiring make sure connections ar tight.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Ok, I did the reset (pressed the red button for 10 seconds) on the modem with all the other devices unplugged. After the router came back, I plugged in the DVR. After that came back, I plugged in the WAP. After that came in, I plugged in the wireless receiver. Still no DVR listings.

We have fiber optic, so there is no coax.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @pistorin 

Just checking up on your post. I'm sorry to hear that your Wireless receiver isn't accessing the DVR properly but, I'll be glad to help. 'My Thoughts' offered some great suggestions to fix this but, if it still didn't work then there is one more thing we can try and that's performing a full disaster recovery reset to the wireless box.

To perform this reset, use the following steps:

Press and hold Power, down arrow, and OK simultaneously to power cycle the wireless box (NOT the main DVR). Wait until a gear appears on the screen before releasing. A gear appears on the screen with a status bar. Once that is complete, it will go through the standard reboot screens and then Live TV will come back up.

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I simply unplugged the residential gateway.  Then I disconnected everything from the 2wire402.  Next I reconnected the rg to the power.  I waited a couple of minutes to allow it to boot.  Next, I connected the dvr back to the 2wire 402 and waited until it was up and running.  Finally, I connected the wireless router for the 2 wireless boxes back to the 2wire402 and the problem was solved.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.