carnevoodoo's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 29th, 2013 1:28 AM

Recording Multiple Shows that end at 9:01 makes 9:00 show not record

Thursday nights are crowded.  Our DVR records three shows from 8-9:01, and when another show comes on at 9, it totally skips the show because of a one minute overlap.  How do I fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Setup a manual recording that ends at 9pm of one of the 9:01 endings, you know there's just commercials in that last minute anyways. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
carnevoodoo - The first thing is that the soft padding is not supposed to block the recording. You could try a reboot of the DVR by pulling the plug for half a minute.

It has nothing to do with soft padding which starts a recording 1 minute prior to the scheduled start time and ends the recording 2 minutes after the scheduled end time.  There are a number of program in the Guide with a scheduled ending time of 1 minute after the hour such as 9:01 pm mentioned by the OP.  The only workaround to the OP's problem is to do manual recordings that Chris mentioned.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

carnevoodoo - The first thing is that the soft padding is not supposed to block the recording. You could try a reboot of the DVR by pulling the plug for half a minute.

You do get four streams into the house?? And we are talking HD?? Can you live with one of the shows SD? Might try that. The DVR is connected to the least used TV?? Watching on the DVR counts against the usage.

The episode based recording does not allow decreasing the end & the time based recording is one episode only. So, you could do the time based each week or hit the record live each week.

You could ask for another DVR. But, do it after you are up to date on watching your records because you will be starting your library from scratch.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

The OP is hitting a hard show ending that can only be fixed by my manual recording method above, has nothing to do w/soft padding or defective DVR. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

It's annoying that you can't edit recordings to end early, only late. That feature was available on TWC DVRs, used it frequently in these cases.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@saeyedoc wrote:
It's annoying that you can't edit recordings to end early, only late. That feature was available on TWC DVRs, used it frequently in these cases.

The bad thing is that for many Reality / Game / Competition type shows that have an actual end time other than :00 or :30, is that if you end the recording early, you will never find out who won.  Davcing with the Stars and American Idol are perfect examples!  Idol that ends at 9:01, the results never begin until 9 O'clock and 40 seconds, lol.  Seriously.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

1) This forum solved my problem recommending I Manually add NCIS (9:00-10:01) and make the  end time 10:00.  This worked.

2) Confussed: Clearly ATT advertises to record 4 shows at once. This overlapping show above was a third, leaving me only able to record 2 show. THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ATT PROGRAMMING ISSUE. FIX IT!!!  OR COX CABLE, HERE I COME.

3) I am so done calling and chatting with the Phillipines.  it was pulling teeth to explane this problem to them/  If I don't receive a response within the next" an example.  BRING C.S BACK TO US.  DELL LEARNED THEIR LESSON THE HARD WAY.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

that was easy; thank you

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

These forums are literally making me sick. Its time to go back to you know who. It is worth the money!!!!!!! Any company who tells me the FIX to my issue is me having to do a lot of extra work by having to manually record all of my shows! ?!?! You have got to be kidding. Maybe uverse should go back to beta testing and release their product when it is user friendly.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Jllogan111 wrote:
These forums are literally making me sick. Its time to go back to you know who. It is worth the money!!!!!!! Any company who tells me the FIX to my issue is me having to do a lot of extra work by having to manually record all of my shows! ?!?! You have got to be kidding. Maybe uverse should go back to beta testing and release their product when it is user friendly.

@Jllogan111, this is a user to user forum.  Users are telling other users how to best use the AT&T equipment as it currently functions.  Users cannot change the software.  Perhaps it could be more user friendly.  But it was cutting new ground when the Whole Home DVR functionality was released 5-6 years ago.  

AT&T has announced its unifying its platforms between DIRECTV and U-verse TV.  I expect things will be a lot different shortly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.