Posted Sep 11, 2011
5:44:28 PM
View profile
Poor sound on some channels

Some of my channels have poor audio quality on them. I don't really know how to describe it. It almost is like a whistling sound,especially when some says an "s" in a word. Very annoying and really hard to listen to. Any suggestions?

Some of my channels have poor audio quality on them. I don't really know how to describe it. It almost is like a whistling sound,especially when some says an "s" in a word. Very annoying and really hard to listen to. Any suggestions?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 11, 2011 7:23:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:24:38 PM

Remove the coaxial cable and try the composite cable connection.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Poor sound on some channels

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 6:10:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:10:53 PM

Is this on all of your TV's connected to U-verse?  

Is the audio on the U-verse box set to Stereo or Surround Sound?  

How are the U-verse boxes connected to your TV's?

Is this on all of your TV's connected to U-verse?  

Is the audio on the U-verse box set to Stereo or Surround Sound?  

How are the U-verse boxes connected to your TV's?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Poor sound on some channels

[ Edited ]
2 of 10 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 6:35:08 PM
(0)

Yes, it is on all my TVs.The audio is on stereo. I have been back and forth with settings. No difference. Box is connected with TV with coaxial cable.

Yes, it is on all my TVs.The audio is on stereo. I have been back and forth with settings. No difference. Box is connected with TV with coaxial cable.

3 of 10 (673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 6:50:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are you able to connect your TV's with either composite cables (red, white, yellow), component cables (red, green. blue) or HDMI cables?

Are you able to connect your TV's with either composite cables (red, white, yellow), component cables (red, green. blue) or HDMI cables?

4 of 10 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 7:05:35 PM
(0)

I could try red white yellow.

I could try red white yellow.

5 of 10 (653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 11, 2011 7:23:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:24:38 PM

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (649 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 7:29:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You will also get stereo audio when using the red and white connections.

You will also get stereo audio when using the red and white connections.

7 of 10 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 7:51:37 PM
(0)
Scholar
I noticed the sound sounds terrible on a couple HD channels I was watching today. This was the first time I experienced this. It sounded like it was echoing.
I noticed the sound sounds terrible on a couple HD channels I was watching today. This was the first time I experienced this. It sounded like it was echoing.

8 of 10 (640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 7:26:08 PM
(0)

Using the composite cables seemed to help alot..Thanks!

Using the composite cables seemed to help alot..Thanks!

9 of 10 (618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 8:06:00 PM
(0)
Guru

If you have an HDTV and subscribe to HD service, you need to use either HDMI or component cables.  Composite cable does not transmit HD.  If you use HDMI, it will carry picture and sound.  If you use component cables (3 for video), you will also need R/L audio cables.

If you have an HDTV and subscribe to HD service, you need to use either HDMI or component cables.  Composite cable does not transmit HD.  If you use HDMI, it will carry picture and sound.  If you use component cables (3 for video), you will also need R/L audio cables.

10 of 10 (612 Views)