ghostwolves's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 23rd, 2014 9:24 PM

Part of The Menu is cut off of the screen

Hi. Part of the menu is cut off of the screen and i dont know how to fix it, and its really hard to navigate through On Demand. On the Guide its cuts off the channel name(like the 3-5 letter abreviation of the channel) and the time at the time is cut off to and i would really like to know how to fix it. I have used the ZOOM feature, but it doesnt help the Menu. Thanks! Oh, my tv is SD and i watch SD channels

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

ghostwolves - Check menu - options-system options-tv screen res - Should beset to standard Def

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Try rebooting the offending box.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Its been like this for a year now, we just havent done anything about it until now. Its been rebooted many times, its not that.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Ty! That worked!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My picture was fuzzy in standard Def, prompting me to change the settings that the AT&T Tech had programmed in at set up (standard Def to HD). But, when I switched to 1080 pi, HD, my picture is now cut off. How can I fix this? I surely do not want to go back to fuzz and standard Def. Isn't that HD charge on my bill so that I can watch in HD?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Please post your TV model so I can look it up.

I am thinking that you have an HD TV, connected HDMI or component & you have the aspect set on the STB to one of the two HD settings.

If you were using the TV for 4:3  SD you may have set it to stretch the picture. It needs to be set to normal.

If you post your TV model I will look up the nenu for doing that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I just set up a Samsung HDTV.  The Uverse guide screens are cut off.

I have talked to both Samsung and Uvserse and neither have yet been able to help resolve the issue. 

Any help is appreciated.  TV model is UN39FH5000F. 

Both screens were on 16:9; however, I cannot find my way back to that option on the Uverse screens to reconfirm. 

I can confirm Uverse is set to 1080. 

Uverse has been rebooted several times.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@kristienia wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I just set up a Samsung HDTV.  The Uverse guide screens are cut off.

I have talked to both Samsung and Uvserse and neither have yet been able to help resolve the issue. 

Any help is appreciated.  TV model is UN39FH5000F. 

Both screens were on 16:9; however, I cannot find my way back to that option on the Uverse screens to reconfirm. 

I can confirm Uverse is set to 1080. 

Uverse has been rebooted several times.

How is the U-verse receiver connected to your TV?

1. HDMI cable

2. Component cables

3. Composite cables

4. Coaxial cable

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

To the person with the samsung tv try putting it on "screen fit" for the samsung and for the uverse set it to normal instead of zoom

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

HDMI connection

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.