Actualsize's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 7:40 AM

Odd time mismatch when initiating recordings

A 2-hour offset has cropped up in my DVR. The guide lists program times correctly, and the clock is correct.

But in the last few weeks the program times listed in the recording search results are all off my 2 hours.

example: Formula One Qualifying is supposed to start at 5:00 am on NBCSHD Saturday morning. I have my series recording set up to catch the first run, which is supposed to be at 5:00am. 

but of late the DVR has been missing it and recording the rebroadcast instead. Today the scheduled recording list does not show the 5:00 am show in the queue. It's recording the 10:00 pm rebroadcast. 

This is where the 2-hr offset may come in. If I search for the program directly, by title, the times show up as 7:00 am and 12:00 am, 2 hours later than they really are. The descriptions that come up when I explore the possible showtimes have the wrong time, too. Strangely, the 7:00 am showtime has the has the triple red circle of a scheduled recording, but the program does not show up in the scheduled recording queue until 10:00 pm, the rebroadcast.  Possibly because the program first run really really airs at 5:00 am, not 7:00 am

This is the case with every show I search for, not just my example. I'm missing a lot of scheduled first-run recordings and live events as a result. It's difficult to manage or create new recordings on my DVR because of this problem. I've taken to using the iPad app instead because its search results list the correct times over there. 

The Uverse tech was out for a different reasohe a couple of weeks ago, and the DVR firmware was updated then, I think. I'm not sure where to start. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@AlanF_1 wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

@guadalupitia wrote:

same problem for me of search showing times 2 hours later, though all other info is correct and my recordings are fine.  my immediate  difficulty is if i'm looking to watch something soon, i have to remember to subtract 2 hours to plan what i'm going to watch.

If you want to see the actual time of the recording before you schedule it, don't set the recording using Search or More Showtimes.  Go directly to the Guide to set the recording.  See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Info-button-giving-me-incorrect-more-showtimes/m-p/3534391#M105258

For me I may see a movie that I would like to record so I start with more showtimes, it would be nice if the could fix search to show the local timezone times, I am in GMT-8 yet get GMT-6 times

Hi Alan, this has been well documented and apparently AT&T knows of the issue but no ETA on a Fix has been given. They remain mum on this which is kind of silly, if you ask me.  

For whatever reason, the More Showtimes option and Guide searches, default to the Central Time zone (GMT-6).  Regardless what the more showtimes or searches show, it will record correctly.  The biggest concern is for those who do not have a DVR and use some other way of recording programs (i.e. TiVo, VCR or video capture).  Then one should pull up the actual Guide, which should show the actual (local) time, to verify that the program is showing at whatever local time.  

The more that I think about it - at one time, web remote searches would default to Philippine time.  AT&T has some issues with their clocks, lol.

Scholar

• 

189 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@AlanF_1 wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

@guadalupitia wrote:

same problem for me of search showing times 2 hours later, though all other info is correct and my recordings are fine.  my immediate  difficulty is if i'm looking to watch something soon, i have to remember to subtract 2 hours to plan what i'm going to watch.

If you want to see the actual time of the recording before you schedule it, don't set the recording using Search or More Showtimes.  Go directly to the Guide to set the recording.  See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Info-button-giving-me-incorrect-more-showtimes/m-p/3534391#M105258

For me I may see a movie that I would like to record so I start with more showtimes, it would be nice if the could fix search to show the local timezone times, I am in GMT-8 yet get GMT-6 times

Hi Alan, this has been well documented and apparently AT&T knows of the issue but no ETA on a Fix has been given. They remain mum on this which is kind of silly, if you ask me.  

For whatever reason, the More Showtimes option and Guide searches, default to the Central Time zone (GMT-6).  Regardless what the more showtimes or searches show, it will record correctly.  The biggest concern is for those who do not have a DVR and use some other way of recording programs (i.e. TiVo, VCR or video capture).  Then one should pull up the actual Guide, which should show the actual (local) time, to verify that the program is showing at whatever local time.  

The more that I think about it - at one time, web remote searches would default to Philippine time.  AT&T has some issues with their clocks, lol.

Before I realized what the problem was I would scrool a channel see an interesting movie, go to more show times and choose the one 2 hours later which is actually the one that was running. Now I just go further in the futrue than two hours and its fine.

A-

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It's sad that they can't get this fixed in over 6 months.

I just signed up for u-verse and saw this problem the first day.

I thought there was just a setting that needed to be changed in my DVR, but when I called AT&T, they said it was a known issue and the engineers were working on it - really? for 6 months....

I asked if there was a general time frame for an issue like this to be fixed and they had no idea. Their answer/workaround was to just use the guide to find and record shows. that's funny.

Online search of this issue brought me here.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Frankly, the fact that the people who handle telephone support knew about this existing problem is an encouraging improvement over the past.  Yes, there is room for further improvement, though.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

This problem has been in existence since 4/2013. There was an upgrade done the menu portion which created several different problems.  I am still in a battle with ATT regarding this matter, to no avail. I have been told to jus live with it and no credit will be issued on my bill. Not bad, pay for something you’re not getting.

I am thoroughly disgusted wit ATT and their customer service—if you can call it that.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Here it is another month, 11 now, and nothing has been done but raise the monthly price. Good work AT&T.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@rubiconray wrote:

Here it is another month, 11 now, and nothing has been done but raise the monthly price. Good work AT&T.

So we can exoect another post in early April? Smiley Happy One could always send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@rubiconray wrote:

So we can exoect another post in early April? Smiley Happy One could always send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

He can, but I'm not sure what good it's going to do.  They know about the problem; I feel fairly sure it'll be in the next receiver firmware rollout, but there's no telling when that might be.  During the WHDVR they were happening multiple times a year, but since then, not so much.  

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@rubiconray wrote:

He can, but I'm not sure what good it's going to do.  They know about the problem; I feel fairly sure it'll be in the next receiver firmware rollout, but there's no telling when that might be.  During the WHDVR they were happening multiple times a year, but since then, not so much.  

It took about as long to fix the Black Screen of Death (BSoD)  where recorded programs would not play, until you go out and came back in.   IIRC AT&T was working with Microsoft to rectify that issue.  I would not think that it's a serious enough issue to get outside help on, but ya never know.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I assume that AT&T does not employ their own programmers, but instead contracts the whole thing out to Microsoft, oops, I mean Ericcson.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.