macmane32's profile

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

Friday, October 17th, 2014 3:03 AM

October update has a weird fog or haze over the picture

Updated my wireless reciever and now it seems to have a weird haze or fog like look to the picture and its driving me crazy!! Uverse fixes one thing and messes up another thing smh anyone else experience this?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I have the wap ven 501

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

9 years ago

I see you've checked everything but have you tried playing around with brightness / contrast / hdmi settings?

Guru

• 

506 Messages

9 years ago

I see that as an option but why should I compromise my perfect settings for blu-ray and dvd to accomodate ATTs flaw? Thanks.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I agree we shouldnt have to compromise our original settings because of atts flaws. I have a tech coming tomorrow eventho I knw he probably will say its nothing he can do but they say its free so why not and at least let him see what he can do but yes this is a att flaw. Ive used calibration discs and I have a samsung and the standard for samsung black levels is around 45 on low black level setting and now I have to almost put my brightness down to the 30s just to accommodate the washed out haze look so no thats unacceptable

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

Have either you @antman_2 or @macmane32 sent the requested PM?  It sounds like it is an AT&T issue but the only way to get it someone who can make a change or at least figure it out, is to send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

While it is important to note that more than one person has the issue, wonder why we haven't heard from more?  Granted, I only have wired boxes but I was at the Daughter's house and the Notre Dame-FSU game looked superb and I think that box was a wireless one.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks guys for keeping this alive. My box is wired by the way and only have one.

The reason other people aren't complaining is probably because they aren't noticing it or just dealing with it. The brights do it as well but isn't as noticeable with the haze being absorbed by the bright.

As far as notifying anyone, I was hoping the tech would have a solution before I go further because that would be the requirement I'm sure that att would ask for (their tech first).

Please let me know @macmane32 if you resolve this and thank you others for helping and @dhascall .

Guru

• 

506 Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall  I contacted customer care via your link. We'll see what happens. Thanks.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hello macmane32,

We received your private message and are looking into the issue you reported with our network teams. I apologize about the changes you noticed after the recent updates. Please check your messages to gather specific details about your account that will help us with the investigation. 

Regards,

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Guru

• 

506 Messages

9 years ago

UPDATE:

ATT uverse care responded quickly and with concern (hopefully). They said that their "teams" have been notified of the issue and will provide info. as it is available.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

Yea man I hope it gets resolved asap keep me posted on your sitaution as well @antman_2
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.